Our newly created Corporate Operations team is looking to add a Practice Development Specialist in our Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, San Francisco, CA, Toronto, ON, or Washington DC office. The Corporate Operations team main objectives are to ensure the right processes and systems are in place to drive success; assist senior leaders with implementation of processes and systems; work to resolve issues when processes or systems are not functioning successfully; promote cross-office collaboration; ensure geographical location is not a barrier to opportunities; act a bridge between consulting initiatives and other relevant corporate teams.
The Practice Development Specialist (PDS) collaborates with the Managing Principal (MP) to develop and implement the METRICS Groups’ strategic plans, by developing and executing a variety of initiatives that support development efforts and day-to-day operations. The PDS provides support with the practice area’s business development strategies that strengthen and expand relationships with current clients and cultivates new clients. The Corporate Operations Team reports to the Director of Business Support Services with dotted line reporting to, and taking daily direction from, the Managing Principal of the METRICS Group, and Practice Development Managers, when applicable.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of this role include:
- Project tracking and staffing –tracks major project deadlines working closely with senior staffing specialist to respond to urgent staffing concerns; ensures staffing forecasts are completed
- Review and analyze financial reports and update MP on key performance indicators; ongoing monitoring of practice revenue and expense budgets, group utilization and staffing outlook; performs analyses and prepares high-level summaries where appropriate
- Supports practice and firm-wide efforts related to the knowledge management of pitches, proposals, and opportunities; maintains matter/experience lists and databases
- Organizes and aligns strategic priorities with the MP and Practice Area Leaders; helps identify areas of focus and metrics for success
- Supports the integration of new consulting staff to the practice by providing practice area overview and training materials, develops and monitors operational best practices and procedures, regularly communicates with administrative team to ensure they have relevant and accurate practice information
- Coordinates and prepares agendas, creates PowerPoint slides, and attends all practice area/group meetings; provide meeting set-up as needed; document and distribute action items from practice area/group meetings to attendees and any necessary follow-up
- Collaborates with Marketing to contribute to the development of compelling marketing collateral, website descriptions, and other client facing materials such as newsletters, white papers and other publications; helps to ensure materials are regularly updated
- Acts as key point of contact for Corporate Services (CS) groups on behalf of MP to ensure practice area/group obligations are met and support best practices are followed; keeps MP informed of developments with CS groups; serves as key point of contact for all practice area/group members with inquiries about CS services
- Ensures the appropriate technology or software is provided to practice project teams and works closely with IT to solve and provide timely solutions to issues; coordinates with Legal and the Library regarding technology and software licensing
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree, and an advanced degree may substitute for the required experience
- Requires a minimum of seven (5) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities were attained
- Relevant experience at Brattle, Professional Services firm or experience at a relevant securities/financial institution is highly desired
- Excellent oral communication and business writing skills, proven attention to detail, and the ability to communicate complex information in a compelling and easily understood manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish credibility with various audiences and bring to bear the right mix of confidence, tact and persistence in working with the firm's culture
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, including ability to develop project plans and set deadlines to meet business objectives, manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and drive progress against both short- and long-term deadlines
- Ability to anticipate, identify and solve problems, work independently, take initiative and make decisions using sound judgment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use technology, database, presentation, spreadsheet, document management and other software applications
- Ability to compile, review, analyze and determine logical conclusions or recommendations based on data and information that is varied in context, content and format
- Knowledge of budgeting principles and experience monitoring and managing budgets
- Evening/weekend work may be required
- Occasional domestic and international travel is required
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, and internal professional development and training programs, designed to reward success at all levels. Details regarding compensation will be based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply through the link below by submitting a cover letter and resume.
The Brattle Group is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Please click here to read our full EEO statement.