The Brattle Group is looking for a Cloud and Systems Engineer to join our Boston, MA office.
The position is responsible for the firm wide design, implementation and administration of Microsoft Cloud services and supporting our on premises infrastructure. The role is accountable for cloud systems and infrastructure project planning, implementation of new and enhanced cloud based technologies, infrastructure monitoring and performance metrics. This position reports to the Manager of IT, working closely with him/her to resolve escalated technical support issues, and system infrastructure support needs.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of this role include:
- Works with the Manager of IT to develop and manage firm-wide cloud and on premise infrastructure and datacenter facilities to support business applications and services
- Design, migrate, and implement Microsoft 365 and on premises Microsoft related technologies including but not limited to Azure Active Directory and Active Directory Services, Exchange Online and Exchange server, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business.
- Configure and administer Cloud services including but not limited to SQL Server, Synapse, Data Lake and Windows 10 Virtual Machines
- Deploy, configure and maintain systems on Azure cloud services
- Work in Hybrid on premise/cloud solutions including migrating systems to cloud
- Work with Manager of IT to support the business goals by assessing technical needs, recommending clear program and related project goals
- Provide input related to industry trends, business and IT products and makes strategic and tactical infrastructure related recommendations
- Responsible for maintaining business continuity for the firm’s system and network infrastructure and, in collaboration with applications staff, the recovery of business applications and databases
- Work with the Manager of IT to identify, prioritize and scope cloud projects and initiatives as they relate to strategic business goals
- Define, recommend and implement standard IT operating procedures and guidelines
- Responsible for service level performance metrics for all cloud system and infrastructure elements (e.g. disk utilization, server capacity, network performance)
- Provide mentoring and hands on technical assistance to IT staff to meet departmental project goals and firm business objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Microsoft O365 or M365 Fundamentals, and Azure Administrator certifications a plus
- Five (5) years of experience working in Cloud Systems Administration; minimum of (3) years progressively responsible experience providing systems infrastructure support in production environments
- Cloud administration of Windows Server, Azure AD Services, Exchange Server, SharePoint, SQL Server, Synapse, Data Lake, Windows 10 Virtual Machines and Microsoft 365 including Microsoft Teams
- Cloud and on premises system monitoring and alerting tools
- Cisco telephone system administration (CUCS) and VOIP administration and support experience a plus
- Proven success managing projects in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- Fast paced multiple location environment, multiple tasks and demands
- Ability to initiate, manage and implement multiple projects simultaneously without direct supervision in an organized, professional, detailed and efficient manner
- Ability to work effectively and to interact with clients, team members, as well as third-party vendors and service providers
- Requires physical activity including the regular moving of equipment, up to forty (40) pounds and occasional moving of items up to fifty (50) pounds
- Travel as needed. Special project related travel as required
- 24X7 on call availability, including rotation of afterhours IT phone
- 24X7 disaster recovery support as required
- Evening/weekend work may be required
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K/profit sharing, life and disability insurance, paid time off, and internal professional development and training programs, designed to reward success at all levels. Details regarding compensation will be based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply using the link below, and submitting a cover letter and resume.
The Brattle Group is an equal opportunity employer: Please read our full EEO statement here.