The Brattle Group, a privately held, global economics consulting firm, is seeking someone to join the Business Support Services (BSS) team as an Operations Assistant in our Brussels, BE office. The ideal candidate is motivated, flexible, and energized by providing top-notch client service.
This position assists the Brussels Administrative Team with providing support to the Brussels principals and project team in the areas of document and billing assistance, file maintenance, travel planning, catering/meeting set up, and other general administrative and office needs. This position is responsible for providing reception coverage for the Brussels office. This position reports to the Brussels Office Manager.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide general administrative assistance to Brussels office staff (travel arrangements, expense reports, meeting set-up)
- Assist where needed with monthly billing including time log coordination, drafting cover letters, and compiling invoice packets
- Provide formatting, editing, and proofreading support for work products as needed
- Perform copying, binding, faxing, scanning, and materials distribution as requested
- Provide administrative and project support to project team members (e.g., other principals, associates, research analysts) as needed
- Conduct meeting set-up and clean-up as needed including ordering catering and Zoom set-up
- Assist with the planning and coordination of office social events
- Answer phones in a timely and professional manner; announce calls and route callers to employee voicemail as appropriate; each morning, retrieve general voicemail messages and forward to appropriate people as necessary
- Be first point of contact for visitors ensuring any security protocols are met with building and within Brattle standard; arrange work space; provide relevant helpful information to visitors
- Responsible for ensuring that all daily outgoing mail requests including letters, FedEx, and courier are fulfilled and ready for pick up
- Assistance to the OM in the tracking and monitoring of the office expenditures by reviewing and coding vendor invoices; once approved by Brussels OC, email vendor invoices to appropriate CS Manager for review and approval, copying Accounting; file as required
- Work with Office Manager to update and maintain client listings in InterAction for all Brussels consulting staff
- Assist the IT department with set up of new computers and any Brussels IT requests
The position requires demonstrated organizational, time management and communication skills, as well as the ability to prioritize and execute numerous projects and deliverables. The ideal candidate will be a self-directed individual who thrives in a dynamic environment that also provides autonomy and accountability.
Other requirements include:
- University degree desired, but will consider experience in lieu of degree
- 3 – 4 years of administrative support experience, ideally in professional services environment
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Familiarity with CRM database software is preferred
- Must be self-motivated, work independently, and keep in constant communication with team members and manager
- Maintains strict confidentiality and exercises appropriate judgment
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies
- Experience with fast paced office environment handling multiple tasks and demands
- Exceptional customer service skills and an eagerness to go above and beyond
- Fluency in English, French and German is required
- Occasional travel and evening/weekend work may be required
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, pension, lunch vouchers, life and disability insurance, paid time off, and internal professional development and training programs, designed to reward success at all levels. Details regarding compensation will be based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
The Brattle Group is an equal opportunity employer: Please read our full EEO statement here .