Research Analyst - July 2022
|Location Detail:||Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, New York, NY, San Francisco, CA, Washington, DC, Toronto, Canada|
The Brattle Group is looking for Research Analysts (RAs) to work out of our Boston, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Washington, DC, and Toronto, ON offices.
Our Research Analysts are involved in diverse, challenging assignments within a stimulating, collegial work environment. As a new RA, you will participate in project teams with senior consulting staff, working alongside internationally recognized experts in financial and regulatory economics, corporate finance, energy, and competition. You will have an opportunity to support our Principals, Academic Advisors, and Outside Experts as they serve as expert witnesses before courts and arbitration panels on behalf of law firms, corporations, and government agencies in the US, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and elsewhere. The RA’s role includes qualitative and quantitative analysis, financial and operational modeling, and research functions – including literature review – on client projects.
Typical assignments might include:
During your tenure as an RA, you will gain skills in applied economics, finance, and accounting, as well as an understanding of aspects of business law. You will work in a collaborative and fun atmosphere where dedication to project success and individual career and professional development are emphasized. You will have the opportunity to discover where your strengths and interests lie and how you can best apply your skills. At Brattle, your career is an ongoing focus.
By the end of your first year, you will have learned to conduct basic research, build spreadsheets and models, present research findings clearly and concisely, and you will have gained experience and aptitude with data management software beyond Excel.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• An undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. economics, math, finance, engineering), with strong academic performance.
• Great teamwork skills. Our project work is done almost exclusively on teams, so it’s critical that our RAs work well with others. A good sense of humor is always welcome!
• Intellectual curiosity and creativity. We are looking for candidates who consistently want to learn more and approach problems with creativity.
• A high degree of ownership and commitment. Successful Research Analysts are committed to delivering their best work product and takingownership of their work.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k)/profit sharing, paid time off, a subsidy to pursue a hobby outside of work, life and disability insurance, and internal professional development and mentorship/training programs, designed to reward success at all levels. Details regarding compensation will be based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
• Cover letter
• Transcript(s) (unofficial copies accepted)
To streamline the process, please use your school-issued email address on your application.
For all Toronto, ON applicants, please use this link to apply.
The Brattle Group is an equal opportunity employer. Please read our full EEO statement here.
|Back to Search Results