The Brattle Group, a privately held, global economics consulting firm, is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Boston office. The position is responsible for the firm-wide implementation and support of infrastructure and datacenter facilities in addition to the availability, scalability, security, documentation, and business continuity of all Brattle’s business systems, databases, and communication networks. This position reports to the Manager of IT.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of this role include:
- Works with the Manager of IT to develop and manage firm-wide technical infrastructure, voice/data communication networks, and datacenter facilities
- Establishes and maintains change control management for systems and infrastructure
- Ensures that all system/infrastructure technology assets (e.g., servers, storage devices, network switches, etc.) are tracked and that periodic audits are performed to ensure that information is accurate
- Manages vendor relationships for system/infrastructure support services
- Responsible for maintaining business continuity for the firm’s system and network infrastructure and the recovery of business applications and databases
- Works with the Manager of IT to identify, prioritize, and scope projects and initiatives as they relate to strategic business goals
- Define, recommend, and implement standard IT operating procedures and guidelines
- Evaluates current business processes and identifies opportunities for improvement; delivers recommendations for implementation to the Manager of IT
- Provides mentoring and hands-on technical assistance to IT staff to meet departmental project goals and firm business objectives
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems escalated from the Technical Support team and provide coverage for Technical Support team as required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but will consider equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- MCSE required; Project management certifications preferred
- Minimum of six (6) to eight (8) years progressive experience providing systems infrastructure support in production environments, inclusive of team lead experience
- Demonstrate hands-on proficiency with:
- Windows 10 64bit Enterprise Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office 2010 & 2013 Professional Suite
- Cisco VPN Client Configuration and support
- Zoom and Polycom Video Conferencing multi-site configuration and support
- Active Directory user management
- Network infrastructure support and implementation experience
- Proven success managing projects in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- Thorough knowledge of planning, implementing, managing, and troubleshooting data and voice networks, data security, hardware, peripherals, and management tools
- Ability to initiate, manage, and implement multiple projects simultaneously without direct supervision in an organized, professional, detailed, and efficient manner
- Ability to work effectively and to interact with clients, team members, as well as third-party vendors and service providers
- Evening/weekend work and occasional travel/remote work may be required
- COVID Vaccine Required*
*Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should submit a request for accommodation by contacting Recruiting@Brattle.com
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K/profit sharing, life and disability insurance, paid time off, and internal professional development and training programs, designed to reward success at all levels. Details regarding compensation will be based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
The Brattle Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, height, weight, domestic partner status, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or HIV status (AIDS/HIV status), genetic information, sexual orientation, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, drug or alcohol abuse or alcoholism, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
We encourage all applicants to click here to review our full Equal Employer Opportunity Statement and here for more information on our commitment to promoting equity and inclusion across all identities and experiences.