Chief Executive Officer
Communities in Schools of Central Texas
Communities in Schools (CIS) is the nation’s largest, most effective dropout prevention organization dedicated to keeping kids in school and helping them succeed. CIS strives to create community in our schools, building relationships and supporting students to learn and achieve their potential. This is possible through our organization’s sense of community, close relationships among colleagues and an environment that supports all staff as people and professionals. The CEO is the leader of this community, setting strategy and building a culture of inclusion and collaboration that honors students and parents, staff, colleagues and collaborators. It is in this context that we hold ourselves accountable to achieve strategic goals toward significant impacts leading to students’ success in school and in life.
Communities in Schools of Central is currently accepting applications for Chief Executive Officer. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer has primary responsibility for achieving all elements of the CIS strategic plan including the mission, vision, values, goals and strategies while overseeing operations of the organization.
Position Description: Chief Executive Officer
- Articulate CIS’s vision for the future, enabling others to see where the organization is going and how it will get there;
- Provide professional and inspirational leadership to sustain a mission-driven organization;
- Assume the initiative, in partnership with the Board of Directors, to define the organization's long-term goals and strategic focus, including operationalizing the organization’s current strategic plan and utilizing adaptive strategy to assess emerging opportunities and challenges;
- Maintain an effective understanding of the field of social work in the educational environment, including changes and trends, and act to develop the organization’s full potential;
- Shepherd the organization during a time of significant growth and post-COVID transition; and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance;
- Recognize the fundraising and fund development landscape with a charter to increase CIS funding through a broad array of channels;
- Work closely with the CFO and department managers to develop an annual operating plan and budget that implements the organization’s intermediate and long-term goals;
- Monitor and report on the achievement of long-term goals and annual plans;
- Monitor and ensure all legal, contractual and governmental compliance of the organization to constituent requirements;
- Propose organizational goals and objectives prior to each fiscal year; and
- Nurture a culture that builds collaboration among employees, sets a standard for high productivity, encourages continued professional development of all employees, and recruits new talent to the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with preferably a Master’s degree in business, non-profit, or government administration;
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in the field of social work, education and/or non-profits;
- Demonstrated success in leading an organization to new levels through creative and effective funding strategies and programs;
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and build diverse communities;
- Demonstrated success as a manager of operations and personnel;
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing programs;
- Demonstrated success in outreach to external stakeholders; and
- Excellent interpersonal organizational, analytical and communication skills..
Please send a cover letter, resume and a minimum of three (3) professional references to: email@example.com
May 31st at 5 p.m.
References will not be contacted unless an applicant advances to the final round of interviews