Provides technical expertise to the CRM users and wider business, while also carrying out vital audits, project support and administrative duties. Requires strong communication skills, with at least one-year’s Salesforce experience as a solo Admin or working as part of a wider team. This role will be working alongside our Salesforce Developer and will involve the maintenance and management of Salesforce, as well as taking charge of the data cleaning and development processes.
- Providing technical support for all CRM users, managing support calls in order of urgency and escalating calls where needed.
- Managing data and keeping records accurate up to date and consistent across Salesforce systems.
- Basic Salesforce Administration (Data maintenance, dashboards, reports, fields, page layouts, etc).
- User Management (creation/de-activation)
- User profile, permission set and role assignment
- Sandbox management
- Simple development based on business requirements (creating fields, page layouts, validations, formulas, etc)
- Provide regular reporting to the Salesforce Administrator and the Head of IT as required.
- Dually reporting to the SF Developer and HHCS Director, Data Management & Performance Improvement
- Maintains data field dictionary/business glossary of Salesforce objects and fields used by HHCS programs
- Participate in and contribute to HHCS data transformation committees and projects
- Incorporates the fullest range of information available into analysis and decision making
- Uses appropriate technical processes/systems to develop and evaluate options in an effective and time-efficient manner
- Assimilates data to draws out relevant insights and findings from analyses
- Identifies opportunities and risks to feed into decision making
- Presents analyses in an appropriate format providing clear and concise recommendations
- Understands, and always works towards, the mission and the aims of the HA organization
- Seeks to learn and understand HHCS programs and business processes
- Is user centric – seeks to understand, listen and respond to user needs
- Approachable, credible and willing whenever to engage with colleagues
- Actively and appropriately seeks input from others
- Focuses on interacting with colleagues in an positive and open manner
- Listens to what colleagues are saying, considers from different perspectives and tailor’s responses accordingly
- Writes succinctly and clearly tailoring level of detail to the requirements of the end user
- Communicates clearly and precisely and able to convey thinking comprehensively
- Provides regular, clear and concise communications to manager, colleagues or other relevant people to keep updated on activities
- Structures and prepares well-written, logical outputs with limited guidance and editing
- Demonstrates self-awareness: actively seeks feedback from others and acts upon it
- Explores new ideas with an inquisitive mind
- Questions the status quo and suggests new ideas
- Seeks out opportunities to drive continuous improvements in ways of working
- Open-minded attitude which welcomes change and new ideas
- Prioritizes and organizes time effectively, focusing on the key organizational priorities
- Develops ways of working and processes to execute and improve efficiency across the platform
- Methodically tackles problems, working with colleagues where necessary
- Takes account of the needs of other colleagues when considering how to execute a piece of work
- Promotes and utilizes effective project management skills
- A collaborative and consultative approach to working with others.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A can-do attitude and drive to deliver to required deadlines
Technical Competencies & Experience:
- Experience working with Salesforce Sales Cloud CRM Systems/NPSP
- Experience using Birdseye non-profit application (a plus)
- Experience building & updating Objects, Page Layouts, Fields
- Understanding of Record Types
- Experience managing user security (profiles, permission sets, roles)
- Experience building and managing Report Types, Reports & Dashboards
- Understanding of Salesforce declarative capabilities.
- Experience creating and managing multiple sandboxes
- IT/system skills - Microsoft Office, Teams, CRM (Salesforce), Connectwise (a plus)
- Excellent written communication and verbal presentation skills.
- Experience of managing and manipulating large sets of data using excel.
- Experience using data import/export utilities (Data Import Wizard, Dataloader).
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with technical systems.
- Experience of using Salesforce Communities (would be an advantage)
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Salesforce Certified Administrator desirable.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, internal customers, and the general public.
Mathematical/Analytical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, and area. Understanding of simple formulas using operators and functions.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to key, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Moderate exposure to outdoor elements at all times of year when traveling to and from work sites via public transportation.
Heartland Alliance makes all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without regard to race, receipt of an order of protection, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, ancestry, national origin, amnesty, physical or mental disability, protected veterans status, genetic information, sexual orientation, immigrant status, political affiliation or belief, use of FMLA, VESSA, military, and family military rights, ex-offender status (depending on the offense and position to be filled), unfavorable military discharge, membership in an organization whose primary purpose is the protection of civil rights or improvement of living conditions and human relations, height, weight, or HIV infection, in accord with the organization's AIDS Policy Statement of September 1987.