Summary: The Manager of Business Operations is responsible for responsible for managing, coordinating and improve the internal functions of the business office operations for Heartland Housing, Inc. This position will design and implement standard operating policies and procedures, assist in vendor and procurement management, assists the Executive Director with business finance modeling and reporting, and compliance initiatives. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives, within the framework outlined below.
- Provides operational oversight and guidance for business office.
- Conducts assigned training to all staff and ensures documentation is completed in a thorough, accurate and timely fashion.
- Oversees organizational initiatives by acting as lead project manager over operational related projects.
- Ensures the accuracy, substance and timeliness of reports, projects, schedules and other relevant work products.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Assists the Executive Director with achieving financial objectives by assisting with preparation of budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Oversight responsibilities for HH’s Concur system
- Oversees annual insurance renewal process in conjunction with the HH Controller and ERM.
- Participates in Management Team meetings as scheduled.
- Ensures HH’s equipment inventory management according to the ERM guidelines
- Oversees office services and supplies management within approved budget. Manages all external payments to vendors and consultants via E-Requester and follows centralized procurement/inventory system policy and procedures for office supplies for the organization.
- Ensure that all new employees receive equipment by completing onboarding and off boarding checklists
- The first point of contact for HH’s employee’s IT issues and partners with IT to ensure timely resolutions.
- Ensures safety and security compliance with Enterprise Risk Management department by managing the RMIS system for HH and being the key point of contact for HH’s employees and Safety and Security leader. Ensures safety procedures and drills are thoroughly implemented.
- Serves as super-user resource for standard desktop software applications and equipment; assists HAIT with implementation of new general technology initiatives. May maintain shared drive permissions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree and four years of related experience in real estate operations and management or accounting experience.
- Computer Skills: Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook) software, and operating systems.
- Other skills: Ability to provide excellent and responsive customer service to users. Ability to investigate and resolve problems. Ability to communicate complex concepts effectively. Ability to work independently.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Leadership – Demonstrates organizational values and models leadership behaviors; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Strategic Thinking and Reasoning: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables simultaneously. Ability to identify strategic opportunities and needs and connect them to operational requirements.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to key, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Heartland Alliance makes all hiring and employment decisions without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, ancestry, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, sexual identity, immigrant status, political affiliation or belief, ex-offender status (depending on the offense and position to be filled), unfavorable military discharge, membership in an organization whose primary purpose is the protection of civil rights or improvement of living conditions and human relations, height, weight, or HIV infection, in accord with the Organization's AIDS Policy Statement of September, 1987. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation should contact the Employee Services Office at (312) 660- 1431.