Title: Knowledge Associate
This role supports four areas within the research and publishing department: project management, reporting and measurement, strategy and operations, and dissemination and audience engagement. Within these, they will take ownership of key administrative and project management tasks to help us track, plan, measure, and learn. This role is critical to ensuring that research projects run smoothly by supporting teams on the operational aspects of projects from start to finish; coordinating the work with Bridgespan Fellows, and supporting engagement with a variety of stakeholders including internal and external advisory boards. On the dissemination side, the Associate will play a number of roles central to getting Bridgespan’s ideas out into the world.
Knowledge project management: The Institute Associate will support project teams:
- Schedule and participate in key meetings as part of the knowledge project process
- Work with author teams to gather and update information important to their projects; provide support in using our intranet and CRM platforms, if necessary
- Coordinate “lunch and learns” for the firm, working with partners and managers as part of our information sharing efforts
Reporting and measurement: Working across teams, the Institute Associate will track and report on content performance:
- Help build Board dashboard (2x/yr)
- Maintain a list of publications, capture feedback, produce quarterly reports
Knowledge strategy and operations: The Institute Associate will support communications with internal and external stakeholders:
- Serve as key coordinator for the Bridgespan Fellows program, working with project leads and Finance department on contract details, sharing firmwide announcements, and providing other operational support relevant to the Fellow program
- Support ongoing and key strategy meetings, including agenda and presentation development, production of pre-read materials, proofing, notetaking, and communications
- Take notes during meetings, distilling key points, and capturing the next steps
Dissemination and audience engagement: Support work that helps get our ideas out into the world:
- Research opportunities, capture and curate related materials, track events, create reports, ensure the data accuracy of key audiences, and prepare participants.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years full-time work experience in administrative or project management role preferred
- Strong communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Creative problem-solver
- Interest in data management and data/relationship/project management systems
- Ability to work and remain flexible in a changing environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- The ideal candidate is self-directed, proactive, and collaborative, with strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for Bridgespan’s organizational values and commitment to racial equity, diversity, and inclusion
At Bridgespan, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because we are passionate about helping our clients achieve breakthrough results. An organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and their beneficiaries will produce deeper relationships, engagement, and insights. Bridgespan is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve diverse organizations and are committed to non-discrimination. Bridgespan will not discriminate against any employee with respect to any term or condition of employment, including but not limited to less favorable treatment, exclusion from employment or employment opportunities (including hiring, assignment, performance assessment, and promotion) on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, expression, veteran’s status or other protected characteristics or status. We actively partner with organizations representing minority concerns and interests to build high-performing teams that mirror the communities we serve.
All company-sponsored programs including training, job, social and recreational activities are required to be nondiscriminatory and all human resource practices are monitored to ensure equal opportunity.