Transforming the Future with Convergence of Simulation and Data
Program/Project Management - IT Project Manager
Our client in Normal, IL is looking for a Program/Project Management - IT Project Manager. This is a contract position.
Manager is looking for someone that has experience with Structured Cabling, RFP and RFQ, installation etc.
What You Will Do:
Responsible for full life- cycle of projects from initiation to completion on all IT Capabilities related to the buildout if new work or retail spaces. Apply IT project management methodology and appropriate project management framework for all projects. Develop requests for proposal (RFPs) to engage third party installers. Successfully initiate, plan, execute and close all project deliverables as committed. Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution and delivery of projects including:
- Defining the project scope, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success
- Developing project estimates and plans to manage the end-to end project execution
- Ensuring business requirements are captured accurately and completely
- Creating and maintaining project documentation
- Facilitating day-to-day coordination while adhering to standards and sponsor expectations.
- Acting as the link between the assigned project resources and key stakeholders.
- Ensuring project closure including completion of lessons learned and required documentation.
- Use disciplined project management methodology to define scope, develop project plan, and execute projects that adhere to guidelines and deliver within cost and schedule.
- Good cross IT and business communication, influence and negotiation required.
- Responsible for tracking project status and managing project issues and risks including:
- Monitoring projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality, managing issue resolution
- Managing the process to assess gaps and develop action plans to address these gaps
- Monitoring financial delivery and issue management processes, and escalating issues
- Promoting and monitoring compliance activities with audit and information policies
- Develop robust project risk management plans to ensure timely delivery, testing and commissioning of all projects with no impact to business continuity
- Review action items from the design/construction meetings and follow through with the closure of the action items.
- Follow through Facilities projects with each facility and report out to the construction team.
- Responsible for building and leading effective project teams including:
- Using problem-solving/critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome challenges.
- Communication to project team members, key stakeholders and sponsors
- Adapting to cultural and organizational climates across global team.
- Manage individual work styles and development of project staff
- Serve as primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives within a highly matrix environment.
- Work with cross-functional team, contractors, and vendors to deliver critical projects.
- 7+ years related PM experience; preferably in a large, global organization.
- 7+ years of experience in management projects in the corporate and retail environments.
- 5+ years of experience in project management within the construction field.
- Experience in the automotive industry highly desired.
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings.
- High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions
- PMI PMP certification desired.
- Project management skills. Knowledge of project management vocabulary and terminology.
- Strong knowledge of the construction process including the understanding of terminology, permits and architectural, electrical, network drawings.
- Strong knowledge on the installation and management of Audio/Visual Equipment, Low Voltage cabling, network and security equipment.
- Extensive experience with the engagement and management of third-party installers
- Strong communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills. Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to shift focus very quickly and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Creative and resourceful when in comes to manage large implementations and aggressive timelines.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills. Cultural adaptability. Virtual and remote team management ability. Independent and innovative spirit. Flexible and responsiveness to input.
- Experienced with Project Management tools like MS project or equivalent
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Bachelor's degree required, Advance degree in IT related field or extensive experience in the implementation and deployment of IT related infrastructure in the construction industry.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company that provides software and cloud solutions in the area of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrations a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.