Working at Fabcon
Do you want to work at the top tier pre-fabricated concrete wall manufacturing and construction company in the East Coast and Midwest?
Do you see yourself at a company on the cusp of rapid growth due to creative products, lean manufacturing expertise, and market dominance?
Do you dream of being on a team that values leadership development and career growth opportunities?
If so, a career at Fabcon may be for you.
We are the precast wall panel industry leader in the United States.
Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete products to specified textures by performing the following duties.
This position has a start time of 10am with an inconsistent out time depending on the schedule. 45-55 hours a week is likely.
Education or Equivalent:
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
· Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for cleaning and preparing all tools used for finishing concrete surfaces.
· Assist with layout and/or setup of concrete production forms.
· Responsible for all prep work before pouring (cleaning, push ties down, etc.).
· Assist with spreading concrete in forms with rake, shovel or screed.
· Assist with leveling concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, with hand held screed and floats to bring water to surface and produce soft topping.
· Assist with smoothing concrete surfaces with hand trowel.
· Assist with edging concrete and finish beds. Smooth and shape surfaces of freshly poured concrete.
· Finishes concrete surfaces, or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish.
· Molds expansion joints and edges.
· Sprinkles colored stone chips, powdered steel, or coloring powder on concrete to produce prescribed finish.
· Uses a vibrator to consolidate concrete.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job is performed in doors in a relatively noisy environment, requiring the use of ear protect. The work environment is dusty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Fabcon is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our Human Resources Department.
Qualified applicants are subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check upon receipt of conditional job offers. Our Drug Free Workplace Policy is available for inspection in the Human Resources office in Minnesota or our plant locations in Ohio, Kansas and Pennsylvania during normal business hours.
We participate in E-Verify and if you are hired, we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from your Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you with written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you. Please refer to the posters on our website or DHS for more information on E-verify