Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Manager, Assurance your responsibilities will include:
• Leading and executing client engagements under varying reporting frameworks across different industries and sectors
• Contributing to new business development by understanding all Grant Thornton services and by using your credibility in the field
• Acting as a leader in the business unit, service line, and firm by actively contributing to the development and execution of the office business plan
• Maximizing engagement profitability by effectively utilizing engagement resources
• Analysis and review of corporate and personal income tax returns and have the ability to complete various engagements including -compilations, reviews and audits
• Planning and leading teams to ensure that client expectations are exceeded
• Supervision and mentoring of an accounting and auditing teams, including the review of files
• Leading through the coaching and performance management process of the practice by providing ongoing feedback, conducting timely performance reviews, and delivering training to develop team members
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Manager, Assurance ? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
• Completed a CPA designation, with a minimum of 2-3 years of post-designation experience
• Experience working with owner managed clients within a public practice scope
• Demonstrated success in business development and advisory and team management
• A team player able to rally resources and work with others to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of the client
• Build and deepen meaningful business relationships with colleagues, clients and in the marketplace, based on strong rapport, trust and respect
• Strong interest in coaching and development, with a commitment to personal growth
• Demonstrated ability to meet the professional and competency expectations of the position
• Being an articulate, inspiring and versatile communicator
• Proactively growing the firm through differentiating the Grant Thornton brand in the marketplace, supporting and driving business development and client service initiative
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.