The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) in La Jolla, CA has an immediate career opening for a Computer Systems Support Administrator. This opening is located at IDA’s Center for Communications Research in La Jolla, California (CCR-L). IDA offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and a superior professional working environment. To the right individual, IDA offers the opportunity to have a major impact on key national programs while working on fascinating technical issues.
We are seeking a Computer Systems Support Administrator, who with minimal supervision, provides technical and operational support of computers, peripherals, endpoints and audio visual systems. Troubleshoots and resolves problems with limited scope. Provides technical and operational support in the implementation of IT programs and project initiatives. Adheres to IT best practices, corporate and security policy. Due to the nature of this position, and the requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule. #ITatIDA
1. Responds to Helpdesk Requests and Change Requests following standard operating practices and procedures (SOP). Troubleshoots and resolves operational deficiencies in operating systems and application software. Provides technical support and user assistance for multiplatform endpoint systems, telecommunications, mobile devices, networking and conference support.
2. Provides operational support performs a range of administrative tasks, including warranty and license maintenance, records management, configuration management, office administration, scripting SOP problem resolution guides, conference support schedules, IT inventory processing and audio visual systems or recordings.
3. Assists in the implementation of IT technology initiatives. Partners with the engineering staff to ensure the successful deployment and transition of operational support.
4. Maintains all systems to meet or exceed the business and security requirements in accordance with IDA and NSA directives and guidelines. Administers and maintains classified and unclassified systems and services, ensuring optimum performance and availability.
5. Administers and maintains classified and unclassified systems and services, ensuring optimum performance and availability.
6. Communicates all computer network, system and service problems and outages immediately to the IT Manager.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer
IDA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.