This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership, project management and direction for a multi-year Project Manager, Business Transformation & Modernization initiative at IDA. This initiative will encompass assessing and modernizing IDA’s end-to-end business processes, data, systems, tools and reporting to ensure efficient, effective operations that incorporate current technologies in the automation and integration of business operations.
- Responsible for leading the multi-year, IDA-wide, business modernization project from conceptual design to implementation.
- Successfully plan business modernization activities, define project approach, scope, milestones, success criteria, deliverables, risks, contingencies and allocating appropriate resource requirements to ensure project success.
- Create and sustain a high-performing, cross-organizational business modernization team.
- Manage consulting engagement(s) with outside consultant(s) augmenting the business modernization team with outside process assessment/redesign and business system implementation expertise.
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelors /Advanced degree (MBA or equivalent preferred) in related business field and ten (10) or more year’s progressively responsible experience in leading business process improvements and business systems design / implementations, or related work.
- A minimum of 5 years of program/project management experience with a proven track record of execution and delivery excellence (PMP certification a plus).
- Experience implementing process and system improvements, leveraging current technology offerings to modernize, streamline, simplify, automate and integrate business processes.
- Experience or aptitude for managing budgets and resources.
- Experience in work plan development and management.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, quality-oriented environment is required.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word).
- In-depth, proven experience in the design and implementation of core business, finance, and project management processes and systems coupled with market and leading practice insight in core business processes
- Relevant recent experience in the latest advancements in automation and new technologies and the diligence to apply these to solve business problems
- Ability to drive innovative solutions to overcome challenging problems
- Exceptional organizational skills and flexibility in guaranteeing that projects are correctly resourced, managed and delivered
- Ability to adjust and adapt to the day-to-day changes that transpire in running large projects while still being able to deliver on commitments
- Demonstrated leadership capability and coaching skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality, impactful outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated business systems (Costpoint/Deltek preferred)
- Ability to obtain/maintain necessary security clearance.