Johnson Matthey is a global leader in sustainable technologies, applying our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. Our science and research help to make the world a cleaner and healthier place, today and for future generations. We have been in business for over 200 years with significant operations in more than 30 countries. We support our customers' needs from 43 major manufacturing sites all around the globe, providing consistency and quality wherever they are.
Johnson Matthey is an expanding Battery Materials business, which is a material science and electrochemistry-based business with global reach. With the recent announcement of the new Johnson Matthey Battery Materials Poland manufacturing facility in Konin, Poland which will produce advanced materials for batteries for electric vehicles, we are actively recruiting for Projects and Industrialization Manager to join our new Project and Industrialization Department.
This position is responsible for leading a cross functional technical engineering and project management team to successfully deliver site New Product Introduction (NPI) and industrialization projects.
• Ensure NPI process complies to IATF 16949 and customer specific requirements.
• Deliver NPI to the site and ensure the complete industrialisation is achieved before handing over to the production teams for ‘standard’ manufacture.
• Preparation and delivery of PPAP documentation in line with customer specific requirements.
• Deploying and continuously improving the site industrialisation process, with clear deliverables, milestones, reporting and governance.
• Ensure all proposed changes are fully assessed through the Management of Change (MoC) process prior to the start of any change.
• Promote early and effective collaboration with Technology and Operations, championing PFMEA to ensure manufacturing feasibility is robust.
• Own FMEA process hand over between Technology, projects and Operations.
• Ultimate technical authority for the site, accountable for standards of new equipment and processes.
• Project engineering leadership to drive discipline, control and communication across all functions. Ensuring effective change management approach aligned with MoC process.
• Develop a high level of professionalism within this area via people development. Develop a quality – oriented, proactive culture based on best practices and collaborative team working.
• Develop teams and strong talent management, succession planning, act as role model and set high expectations for JM Values, Ethics and compliance.
• Establish, maintain and cultivate a Customer focus mindset and excellent Customers Relationships. This includes internal customer and supplier relationships.
• Ensure a safe working environment and personally commit to and deliver Environmental, Health & Safety performance within the assigned area of responsibility.
• Monitors and communicates agreed KPIs, with clear communication and escalation at early stages of any issues. Through a good understanding of the processes, implement improvement and mitigation actions for all project related matters.
Are you the ideal candidate?
• Degree in STEM subject or equivalent professional experience
• Significant experience within a manufacturing environment leading cross functional teams in the delivery of capex and engineering projects.
• Manage diverse teams, multiple disciplines ideally within a matrix structure in fast paced, dynamic workplaces.
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing with demonstrable lean manufacturing understanding.
• Demonstrates experience of safety management (including process safety) in a manufacturing or chemicals business.
• Strong Microsoft Office (or equivalent) and project management tools.
• Operational, pragmatic and result oriented.
• Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced and complex working environment to achieve targets that are given.
• Excellent reporting skills, providing clear, easy to understand reports linking results to agreed KPIs.
• Must be fluent in business English and Polish language.
• A proactive and resourceful self-starter/ motivator with the ability to work without close direct supervision.
What we offer:
• Labour-law employment;
• Participation in an interesting greenfield project - building new manufacturing facility;
• Work in international environment with highly qualified specialists;
• Development opportunities;
• Flexible working hours;
• Competitive salary;
• Positive and friendly atmosphere;
• Private Medical Care, Multisport Package, Life Insurance, Employee Pension Scheme (PPE).
Johnson Matthey is an equal opportunity employer that encourages suitably qualified candidates to submit applications, regardless of gender, race, disability, age, religion, nationality, political opinion, union affiliation, ethnicity, and sexual orientation.