Johnson Matthey is a global leader in sustainable technologies, applying our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. Our science and research help to make the world a cleaner and healthier place, today and for future generations. We have been in business for over 200 years with significant operations in more than 30 countries. We support our customers' needs from 43 major manufacturing sites all around the globe, providing consistency and quality wherever they are.
Johnson Matthey is an expanding Battery Materials business, which is a material science and electrochemistry-based business with global reach. With the recent announcement of the new Johnson Matthey Battery Materials Poland manufacturing facility in Konin, Poland which will produce advanced materials for batteries for electric vehicles, we are actively recruiting for Supply Chain Manager to join our new Supply Chain Department.
This position is responsible for site production planning, plant logistics operations and customer service. Will also be responsible for the warehouse operations functions, including safe and efficient operation of the warehouse and shipping activities.
A key function of the role is to link together with the sector logistics and supply chain teams and other sites to ensure overall efficient running of supply chain for the site, align and maintain standardization of ways of working and policies.
• Responsibility for the production planning function and to ensure on-time delivery of customer products, working closely with customers and sector logistics and supply chain teams to manage demand variability and minimise customer impact.
• Manage site capacity model and highlight capacity requirements to feed into budgeting and S&OP process.
• Accountability for the raw materials management process, including forecasting, scheduling, working capital control and obsolescence management.
• Responsibility for plant customer services and commercial administration functions, including product invoicing. Ensuring appropriate and professional standards between the site and the sector customer service.
• Collaborate with providers for transport services, managing site transport requirements in terms of speed, cost and security. Conformance with legal requirements both within and outside the EU, including movement of waste materials.
• Management of the internal warehouse operations and ensure safe operations.
• To create a culture within the Supply Chain team of continuous improvement and waste elimination in line with lean manufacturing principles. Contribute and support processes mapping and review, identify gaps and areas for improvement and act on implementation of new processes and support systems.
• Provide support for implementation and drive full utilization of ERP system (SAP) system.
• Manage and maintain full compliance for all customs import/export activities, ensuring legal requirements are met for all items imported/exported to and from the site, including support for appropriate licenses applications. Record-keeping for a full, archived paper trail for customs audits in line with JM BM policies and country regulatory and legal requirements.
• Working within a matrix management structure ensuring integration of site operational requirements and sector functional logistics and supply chain requirements.
• Develop a high level of professionalism within this area via people development. Develop a quality – oriented, proactive culture based on best practices and collaborative team working
• Develop teams and strong talent management, succession planning
• Meet Budget (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Costs) within their area of responsibility and contribute to overall Plant Budget
• Ensure a safe working environment and personally commit to and deliver Environmental, Health & Safety performance within the assigned area of responsibility
• Act as role model and set high expectations for JM Values, Ethics and compliance
• Monitors and communicates agreed KPIs, with clear communication and escalation at early stages of any issues. Through a good understanding of processes, implement improvement actions for all production related issues.
Are you the ideal candidate?
• Degree qualified with technical background preferred
• 5+ years management experience within Supply Chain, in complex distribution and industrial manufacturing environments
• Experience in automotive industry and related quality standards (IATF 16949)
• Production planning and warehousing operations management expertise
• Significant experience in building and maintaining positive customer relationships
• Operational, pragmatic and result oriented
• Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced and complex working environment to achieve targets that are given
• Ability to take initiative and drive processes to completion and identify improvement opportunities
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills & concise, clear reporting skills
• A proactive and resourceful self-starter/ motivator with the ability to work without close direct supervision
• Must be fluent in business English and Polish language
What we offer:
• Labour-law employment;
• Participation in an interesting greenfield project - building new manufacturing facility;
• Work in international environment with highly qualified specialists;
• Development opportunities;
• Flexible working hours;
• Competitive salary;
• Positive and friendly atmosphere;
• Private Medical Care, Multisport Package, Life Insurance, Employee Pension Scheme (PPE).
Johnson Matthey is an equal opportunity employer that encourages suitably qualified candidates to submit applications, regardless of gender, race, disability, age, religion, nationality, political opinion, union affiliation, ethnicity, and sexual orientation.