Johnson Matthey is a global leader in sustainable technologies, applying our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. Our science and research help to make the world a cleaner and healthier place, today and for future generations. We have been in business for over 200 years with significant operations in more than 30 countries. We support our customers' needs from 43 major manufacturing sites all around the globe, providing consistency and quality wherever they are.
Johnson Matthey is an expanding Battery Materials business, which is a material science and electrochemistry-based business with global reach. With the recent announcement of the new Johnson Matthey Battery Materials Poland manufacturing facility in Konin, Poland which will produce advanced materials for batteries for electric vehicles, we are actively recruiting for Process Engineer to join our new Production Department.
This position is responsible for the first line of technical problem solving with product and processes. They will support validations and follow-up reporting and are the key link between NPI process support and production in terms of receiving new products and accepting them for series production. Clear and accurate escalation of technical process issues is a critical part of the role.
The position will control and lead optimisation of the process (eg. cycle time, Quality or downtime improvements). They will actively participate in TPM and lean activities with the aim of stabilising and improving performance. This position will also take ownership for testing and other production related equipment in the area, ensuring working condition is maintained and regular calibrations are completed to agreed time schedules.
Miejsce pracy: Konin
- Provide immediate process support in the factory to minimise downtime and rejects. Ensure all process support issues are investigated and ensure improvement actions are identified, recorded and implemented. Report incidents using defined system/documentation;
- Awareness of production plan at all times and current performance against it with respect to validations, new products and any unreleased products;
- Participate in/lead trials, product validations and plant commissioning as required, contributing their processing and plant expertise to the task;
- Ownership of process and product related testing equipment in the production area to ensure it is kept in good working order and calibrations are completed to agreed schedules;
- Cover for the shift supervisor when requested;
- Active involvement in TPM and lean activities;
- Technical ability to be able to perform all operator duties within team as and when required. Assist with any production activities as requested;
- Ensure all customer and internal Quality requirements are met at all times.
- Support the preparation activities required before, and participate during, internal and customer visits;
- Ensure all changes are managed through the change control process;
- Ensure excellent, proactive communication with team and other departments;
- Ensure safe working of yourself and look after other people’s safety;
- Monitors and communicates agreed KPIs, with clear communication and escalation at early stages of any issues. Through a good understanding of the processes, propose improvement actions for all production related issues.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Degree qualified with technical background (eg. chemistry, chemical engineering);
- Min. 2 years’ experience working in Chemical production environment;
- Previous experience working in a COMAH environment;
- Lean manufacturing and problem solving skills;
- An ability to think on your feet and multi-task;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced and complex working environment to achieve targets that are given;
- A proactive and resourceful self-starter/ motivator with the ability to work without close direct supervision;
- Must be fluent in English and Polish language.
What we offer:
- Labour-law employment;
- Participation in an interesting greenfield project - building new manufacturing facility;
- Work in international environment with highly qualified specialists;
- Development opportunities;
- Competitive salary;
- Positive and friendly atmosphere;
- Private Medical Care, Multisport Package, Life Insurance, Employee Pension Scheme (PPE).