MoM Solution Analyst
Permanent - Flexible Working
Job Family: IT.
Johnson Matthey are actively seeking a MoM Solution Analyst to be based in our Royston, Hertfordshire office on a permanent basis.
Johnson Matthey IT (JMIT) is Johnson Matthey’s global IT function responsible for ensuring that our IT capabilities are not only able to support and integrate technologies but can also offer insight into future IT tools that could provide us with a competitive edge and improved operating efficiencies.
The Solution Analyst will be part of the MOM Solution & CI team providing on going functional and development support for the MOM business solutions to ensure that current and future business requirements are met. As a Solution Analyst you will be expected to be hands on and enhance and develop Strategic and legacy applications using development as well as design, enhance and implement high quality software solutions to industry standards, fulfilling requirements and allowing the business to become more efficient, effective and compliant.
Some other key responsibilities will include:
- Translate requirements into workable solutions.
- Maintain, enhance and upgrade existing systems.
- Work with business process owners / experts to enhance the value delivered to the business through continuous improvement of business processes, focused upon better use of application solutions and associated data / information.
- Configure application functionality to meet agreed business requirements within area of specialism.
- Contribute to the review and creation of technical software design, to facilitate the delivery of change requests.
- Ensure that all changes delivered are tested appropriately in line with Johnson Matthey’s standards.
- Liaise with the business to ensure it gets what’s best, not necessarily what it asks for.
- Develop applications/services to specifications in line with architecture technical standards.
- Ensure that documentation is maintained and kept up-to-date in line with Johnson Matthey’s standards and policies.
- Share acquired knowledge with colleagues through formal documentation and communications sessions.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Ensure that, at all times, company policies, standards and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are adhered to.
- Oversee deployment of application package patches and upgrades, working with technical staff to apply changes as necessary.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have these essential skills:
- Relevant Developer qualifications (varies by specialism)
- Experience of working with the following:
- .NET based language (C#, VB.Net)
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013 and MOSS 2007
- SQL Server 2008/2012 and SQL Reporting Services
- Experience using Visual Studio or related IDE
- .NET Developer
- Web Developer:
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Deep insight of Java and JEE internals (Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience working in a structured development environment, using frameworks for designing (e.g. UML), building software, configuration management (e.g GIT), testing (e.g Selenium) and hosting solutions (AWS, Azure).
- Experience providing L2 support; ideally in a global IT function
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycles processes e.g. Agile (Scrum, Kanban), Waterfall
- Experience gathering technical requirements
You will have these desirable skills:
- Experience with various development tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket
- Experience defining solutions, both simple and complex and driving small changes
- Experience within a financial, manufacturing or pharmaceutical industry
- Awareness of ITIL principles and latest technologies/frameworks
- Educated to Bachelor degree level, or relevant equivalent work experience
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact UKRecruit@matthey.com
Closing date for applications: 26 April 2021
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.