Vacancy: Asset Management System Engineer – Launch Team
Job Family: Engineering
The Launch Team AMS Engineer is a key contributor to the production of a comprehensive Asset Management Systems (AMS), including supporting the completion of a 5-year & 10-year plans for future projects as part of this strategy. Coordinating with Project Delivery Team, Project Launch Team, and Engineering & Maintenance teams the role aims to ensure a holistic approach asset management for newly approved capital projects through the readiness stage. They will work as the interface that facilitates Capital projects to be handed over successfully to the Project Delivery Team from an Asset Management perspective. With the AMS central team they will develop standards for maintenance routines for new capital assets, ensure assets are correctly structured within the CMMS (SAP), and ensure all project documentation is provided, for full handover to the Maintenance team upon project completion. In addition to this, they will develop AMS handover criteria for new capital projects to Operations, including purchase and storage of critical spares.
For all new capital projects:
- Identify and list Safety critical assets as part of Project plant information handover and pass this to the AMS team for PM implementation and stored on asset information database.
- Develop systems to ensure critical information is identified and made available to maintenance.
- Provide information to ensure PPM routines are introduced in accordance with manufacturers recommendations for all relevant project assets.
- Develop handover terms for plant asset information in accordance with the JM standard and facilitate successful handover of Capital projects to operations and maintenance.
- Liaise with the maintenance team & functional experts to ensure details of PPMs are understood and are achievable.
- Liaise and communicate with key stakeholders, so that all parties understand their accountabilities for delivering plant asset information prior to project handover.
- Fully support the Launch Team and its stakeholders to ensure Launch Readiness is a success.
- Liaise with EHS and Operations to ensure the equipment maintenance requirements from process hazard reviews are addressed.
- Support the use FMECA to develop PPM requirements where they are not prescribed.
- Ensure that any decommissioned assets have been retired in the system and information suitably archived.
- Develop a system for identifying spare parts requirements for key existing / new assets. Apply streamlining methods to ensure any unrequired spares are removed from the engineering stores
- Work with the AMS team to deliver the creation of new asset Bill of Materials in the CMMS
- Confirm all relevant asset management documentation (P&IDs, PFDs, Commissioning data etc…) has been made available for storage within the relevant system.
- Support the creation of a five-year and ten-year site plan for asset replacement in cooperation with department stakeholders to identify future critical asset replacement projects.
- Work as part of Launch team to provide scoping and cost estimation of future asset replacement projects.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Qualified to degree level in Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Good understanding of maintenance techniques and their application.
- Knowledge of Asset Management Systems.
How to apply: Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply. For any queries please contact UKRecruit@matthey.com
Closing date for applications: 26 February 2021
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.