Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Responsible for shipping and receiving metal into the PMM safe; weighing materials in and out of vault; and inventory control
- Control PMM’s stocks held within the safe at West Chester, while conforming to Group Security procedures and PMM procedures
- Represent the interest of PMM at the Johnson Matthey safe at the West Chester site on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure that all metal is accurately weighed and recorded in and out, and material shipped and received is of the required minimum purity as indicated by PMM commercial specifications
- Accurately document all metal movements in accordance with the Divisional and Group Policy
- Ensure all PGMs shipped are suitably packed to meet transportation, security, regulatory, and operational requirements
- Communicate on a daily basis with the PMM team at Wayne to ensure deadlines and commitments to customers are achievable
- Arrange for receipt of Stillwater Refining materials at the WW site, for further shipment to West Deptford.
- Manage the sampling of all non-JM precious metals and JM precious metals as necessary to ensure adherence to JM’s commercial sponge requirements
- Facilitate monthly inventories to ensure accuracy of stock and to comply with audit requirements.
- Arrange for replenishment of all suitable packing materials from approved sources
- Ensure that shipping/receiving procedures for PMM are documented and kept current
- Adhere to and comply with all local and site EHS and Ergonomic policies and procedures
Are you the ideal candidate?
- High school diploma with 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing plant;
- IT skills/experience is preferred, particularly with Microsoft Office.
- Must have good attention to detail and be able to communicate well with others in the workplace.