Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
The Process Development Material Control Technician ensures a continuous flow of substrate, raw materials, and finished goods for the Process Development team by reviewing finished products against specifications prior to shipment, assisting with the packaging of Development Samples, coordinating shipments through various carriers, performing necessary transactions within JDE/SAP, keeping accurate records, and other Pilot Plant material control duties as assigned.
- Supervise other Material Control personnel as needed.
- Procure Development substrate by requesting quotes from suppliers and submitting Purchase Requisitions, requesting transfers via Johnson Matthey Production groups, and following up as needed.
- Procure Development raw materials by requesting quotes from suppliers, checking for chemical approval, assisting with New Raw Material Risk Assessments, submitting Purchase Requisitions, acquiring TSCAs, and following up with suppliers as needed.
- Manage Development substrate inventory and Development palletized raw material inventory.
- Assist sponsors with substrate inquiries, coordinate substrate cut-downs, and assign Development substrate to program plans via Group Schedule.
- Process transactions within JDE / SAP regarding assigning of materials, issuing of materials, receipt of finished Development samples, and the outbound delivery of finished Development Samples.
- Coordinate shipments with various carriers (domestic and international).
- Order Development supplies as needed.
- Coordinate transfers between sites.
- Supports Material Control Technician in keeping a clear flow of traffic within the Pilot Plant.
- Assist Process Development team members with packaging, printing block labels, printing box labels, and ensure proper packaging requirements are met and shipping paperwork is completed correctly as required.
- Support Pilot Plant 5S initiatives and continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain Pilot Plant responsibility as assigned (Kanban system).
- To take on any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with 2+ years’ applicable experience, or Associate’s degree in a relevant discipline with 4+ years’ applicable experience, or High School diploma with 6+ years’ applicable experience with 6+ years’ applicable experience.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have solid time management skills and high attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Experience with automated inventory control, shipping/receiving, and scanning systems desirable
- Must have experience in receiving, inventory control and domestic / international shipment procedures and requirements.
- SAP Experience desirable
- Project management skills desirable