Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
The Project Management Manager will be responsible for direct oversight of a team of Project Managers and Associate Project Managers in addition to providing program support. The Manager will also be responsible for coordinating the R&D and manufacturing efforts for all Clinical Service projects within Health and for facilitating technical transfers between various manufacturing sites. The Manager will define and monitor high-level project deliverables and timelines, communicate and manage work schedules and work distribution for their team.
- Manage activities of assigned team to ensure optimum performance of the group / function.
- Ensure information is shared at all levels in the program management function and collaboration across the portfolio of projects including identification of best practices.
- Develop, test and initiate continuous improvement initiatives.
- Partner with other departments and provide leadership in order to successfully execute such project activities.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions, hiring, training and development, and providing regular direction and feedback on performance.
- Interact effectively with all levels of the organization; develop strong working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Partner with management to lead safety, quality and cultural initiatives within the organization.
- Cascade program management goals to the group, manage and report progress.
- Develop and deliver high-level program reports and presentations for senior management and customers.
- Drive strategies to deliver customer (internal and external) requirements.
- Oversee and ensure adherence to project and program budgets.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- BS in Chemistry or equivalent discipline with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a project manager.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience as a people manager.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Project with ability to teach junior members of the group.
- Excellent MS Office skills include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Excellent project management skills, including application of new project management best practices.
- MBA degree or PMP certification is a strong positive.
- A strong understanding of cGMP’s as they relate to drug substance manufacturing is preferred.
- Highly experienced with the regulatory aspects of the drug approval process is preferred.