Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Operates chemical packaging and/or processing equipment.
- Knows, and observes all Standard Operating Procedures, safety procedures and rules, and environmental practices.
- Operates chemical packaging equipment; or, operates one or more of the following pieces of chemical processing equipment according to defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs):
- Blender/ClassifierAssists with operation of COP equipment
- Various pieces of processing equipment associated with HTLP
- Troubleshoots all problems that occur on equipment in assigned area and reports issues to supervision.
- Inspects and cleans all machinery within their scope of authority and performs minor repairs when necessary.
- Prepares assigned equipment for maintenance. Assists maintenance personnel with both preventive and unscheduled maintenance.
- Draws product samples at prescribed intervals and submits them to the QC laboratory for analysis.
- Maintains an accurate account of daily tasks in the area logbook.
- Communicates with previous and incoming shift personnel regarding production, maintenance and other pertinent details as captured in the area logbook.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the area assigned.
- May perform other related assignments and operate other equipment as determined by supervision.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- High School diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 6 months experience in an industrial environment· Previous experience operating a forklift preferred
- Must be able to become forklift certified
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This includes the ability to rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic computer skills
- Self-motivated individual with good time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ROTATING SHIFTS.