Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
To process and purify precious metals and their compounds and to fabricate chemical products from them.
- Receives work orders, instructions, and materials.
- Works from written or oral procedures to process, purify or chemically fabricate products from precious metals and their compounds through a sequence of operations.
- Controls a number of operations simultaneously
- Processes and disposes of waste as required
- Prepares and maintains records as required
- Performs and evaluates control tests for various chemical processes as required
- Maintains identity of material through all process sequences
- Maintains a neat and orderly operating area
Are you the ideal candidate?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to apply scientific and/or technical knowledge in the performance of job duties. Demonstrate attention-to-detail, problem solving, and ability to multi-task.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Experience participating in a teamwork environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and other job-related software.