Vacancy: HR Business Partner
Location: Royston, Hertfordshire
Job Family: HR
Sector: Battery Materials
Up To 12-month Fixed Term Contract
With more than 200 years of innovation behind us, we have a long history of working with customers to develop solutions that change the world for the better and achieve the outcomes that matter to them.
We’re always looking for the next evolution, leveraging our many years of experience in materials science and electrochemistry to make the tiny changes that drive a big difference in battery material performance.
We’ve applied this approach to our LIFE POWER LFP portfolio for many years and are building on this success with our next generation cathode material eLNO.
The HR Business Partner is responsible for working with the functional leaders and managers within Battery Materials to implement a people plan that is aligned to the business and HR strategy. Using excellent communication, coaching, and consulting skills this role will drive employee engagement and develop an enabled workforce with the necessary capabilities to achieve the business priorities. This is a really great opportunity for a HR professional to develop their career within a growing business sector.
- Working in collaboration with the HR team, partner with the senior leadership team to define the HR plans, in line with JM culture, values and the overall people strategy, to support in the delivery of BM objectives.
- Drive the implementation of the HR plans and programmes (e.g. organisation design, workforce planning, succession planning, talent identification and development, employee engagement & recognition, organisational effectiveness) and deploy Group policies and processes (i.e. reward) to deliver a high performing workforce.
- Provide change management support to senior leaders and managers to ensure changes are implemented in a smooth and engaging way.
- Use data to analyse people trends and identify opportunities to enhance employee engagement and/or improve business performance.
- Support the development of the HR budget short to mid-term plan to ensure that the needs of the business unit/ function are represented in the planning process.
- Working with L&D and CoEs, identify training requirements for the function so that training interventions can be deployed effectively to enable BM to deliver objectives and develop employees.
- Working with Talent Management, deliver talent management programmes and processes in alignment with Group policies and procedures to ensure the talent needs of the business unit/ function are met.
- Educate and coach line managers in developing their people management and leadership skills and HR self-service approach as the shared services capabilities are developed.
- Identify hiring needs short to long term to ensure the business function has the critical capabilities required to operate effectively.
- Promote wellbeing, diversity, inclusion agenda for the UK, challenging the business and representing JM values to contribute to the organisation culture.
- Provide support to HR function where required in coordination of Sector HR reporting.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Degree in HR / Business related or equivalent experience.
- CIPD or equivalent HR professional qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Hands-on business partnering experience in a similar working environment.
- Advanced knowledge of UK employment law, ACAS guidelines and the relevant HR processes and responsibilities across the employee lifecycle.
- Proven experience advising on sensitive and complex ER cases.
- Change management experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Highly organized, proactive and the ability to manage competing priorities.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Closing date for applications: 20 June 2021
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief.