Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
This role researches, initiates and leads multiple large new business growth opportunities for our Low Carbon Solutions markets within Catalyst Technologies.
- Identify and lead large and highly complex business opportunities from idea generation through to first commercialisation to deliver sustained and significant medium to long-term growth.
- Lead and be responsible for the negotiation of complex collaboration agreements.
- Creating accurate business cases and presentations to senior management.
- Identification, establishment and development of suitable external partner relationships globally and negotiation of collaboration, license or other sales agreements
- Managing internal relationships to deliver the commercial opportunity which can involve R&D, legal, operations, engineering and other commercial resources.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams consisting of project, commercial and technology managers of both JM and JM’s collaborating partners to deliver the business opportunities.
- Lead the negotiation of first commercial opportunities.
- Scouting for future opportunities for internal development, partnerships or acquisitions.
- Management of project specific IP portfolio to ensure appropriate balance between cost and reward.
- Working collaboratively with Marketing, commercial R&D and Engineering across CT team to develop medium- and long-term strategy to build and improve growth for Catalyst Technologies.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Degree/Masters in Scientific subject or significant industrial experience
- Significant experience within a chemical or licencing environment
- Previous commercial / business development experience within chemical or licencing business
- Wide knowledge of the Chemical and Energy Industries