Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
This position is responsible for the PGM and Non PGM coating on each line within Manufacturing. The incumbent is responsible for the immediate actions required to set up, monitor and trouble shoot the equipment associated with manufacturing as well as monitoring and controlling the production process.
- Comply with all local environmental & health and safety regulations and company policies.
- Lead the efforts to optimize the process parameters in order to improve cycle times (efficiency), minimize rejects (LTY), avoid waste and reduce downtime while accomplishing with the manufacturing plan.
- Interact with the Maintenance, Washcoat, Quality, Process Engineering, and Automation teams in solving process / equipment problems and ensures the proper operation of all equipment on the production lines.
- Support the implementation of new technologies through new procedures and training of new or existing personnel while continue making suggestions to procedural or process improvements to meet or increase plant’s performance.
- Embeds a culture of continuous improvement, continually striving to improve performance, standards & processes driving efficiencies. Identifies & implements best practice principles.
- Responsible for immediate actions to ensure that product meets customer specifications.
- Collect data and complete information needed as part of the nature of the job (process control data, day to day logistics, shift summary, Incident Report, Maintenance Request, etc.).
- Participate on and possibly lead varied Lean Manufacturing teams such as Kaizen or 5S.
- Ensure the effective utilization of coating solutions so minimal waste is generated while accomplishing duties.
- Follow and maintain all the documentation associated with their activities as defined in the Quality Management System.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports on specific operating results or activities as indicated by their Supervisor.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering; or any equivalent relevant combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work
- Familiarity with statistical methods for data analysis desirable
- Strong mechanical, analytical, and technical skills desirable
- 2+ years Production and / or Catalyst Manufacturing experience
- 1+ years batch process experience preferred