Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our team at our West Deptford New Jersey Facility. Working as part of the Efficient Natural Resources Sector North American Technology Team you will be part of a team of scientists and engineers working on the next generation of technology creating a truly circular economy in key areas for a sustainable world.
- Ensure compliance with all Environmental, Health and Safety standards and actively contributing to ensuring a safe work environment is maintained
- Support troubleshooting and operations of existing equipment and processes to hit production targets, including
- Communicate with operations team as necessary
- Support downtime/production monitoring and troubleshooting
- Propose and implement process improvements to improve process stability/reliability
- Design, install, commission, and operate new and novel systems (including but not limited to: reactors and agitation systems, pumps, filters, piping) following the six stage PHA process
- Conduct basic laboratory experiments and/or advise chemist is design and execution of laboratory experiments to scale up or implementation in process
- Read and produce sketches and redlines of drawings, PFDs, and P&IDs of process systems, following group standard templates and forms
- Write SOPs, batch sheets, functional specifications, and associated documents for the new equipment.
- Advise Automation Engineer on engineered details to facilitate instrumentation and program design for delivered systems
- Report to Lead Engineer on project progress, performance using standard documentation and Johnson Matthey project framework for all work packages and sub-projects
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- 2 to 7 years of industrial experience
- BS Chemical engineering degree OR significant related industrial experience without ChemE degree
- Familiarity reading and drawing PFDs, P&IDs, process description, functional spec, reactor design drawings, electrical drawings, floor layouts
- Experience working data acquisition and analysis
- Familiarity with concepts of process safety risk management and six stage PHA (Familiarity with Hazop and process safety principles;) desirable
- Working Autodesk, CAD, or similar experience desirable