Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
This position is responsible for performing mechanical maintenance duties to ensure efficient maintenance and repair of production equipment and facility. Troubleshoot, repair, install and inspect production equipment as well as maintain production facility.
• Comply with all Johnson Matthey Hazardous Waste procedures, Life Saving Policies, State and Federal regulatory requirements.
• Follow daily instructions to support production, engineering and QC including scheduled and emergency repairs, installation and inspections needing performed.
• Inspect plant equipment for any non-conformity such as misalignments, wear, insufficient lubrication etc.
• Assist in determining the best way to make repairs to minimize production downtime.
• Advise when shutdown of equipment is necessary to minimize damage to production equipment.
• Dismantle, troubleshoot, clean, repair, replace, install, maintain, assemble, lubricate, and adjust equipment for proper operation.
• Interpret drawings and sketches, plan details of working procedures, tools and materials suitable for job. Fabricate repair parts using shop equipment.
• Perform and carry out projects including but not limited to welding, set-up and fabrication of fixtures, grinding, cutting, pipe fitting and bending, hand and shop tool usage, and carpentry.
• Be an effective trainer of new hires.
Are you the ideal candidate?
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum 2 years Technical Degree or Trade School
• Minimum 2 years experience in Industrial Maintenance Operation
• Must demonstrate a comprehensive mechanical aptitude along with a basic electrical aptitude.
• Candidate must demonstrate comprehensive skills from past hands-on experience in Industrial Mechanical / Mechanics role.
• Demonstrate advance mechanical skills with ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and power driven systems.
• Read and comprehend complex electrical and mechanical drawings.
• Demonstrate basic skills in electrical and HVAC control systems.
• Exhibit specialty skills in air compressors, plumbing, welding and grinding.
• Display comprehensive computer skills.
• Possess good communication skills and ability to work well as a member of a team.
• Must be able to lift/move heavy objects, climb ladders and work at heights as needed.
• Ability to work a 2-2-3 patterned schedule.