Reports to: Transportation Manager
Summary: Supports transportation department by helping to create/run routine reports and coordinate frozen model shipping logistics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Setting up inbound and outbound orders.
- Verify shipping cost to invoices.
- Set up transportation to restock cold storage warehouses.
- Creates reports on transportation data in to readable formats for upper management based on requirements needed.
- Reviews and updates information used for driver’s performance evaluation systems.
- Brainstorms and helps to develop department metrics in line with corporate objectives.
- Coordinate logistics for international and domestic cold storage orders.
- Works with third party carriers to ensure that cold storage product is delivered to end consumer.
- Acts as liaison between sales, transportation, production and third parties through the ordering and distribution of frozen product.
- Evaluates inventory at cold storage locations to ensure all customer orders are met.
- Assists in running reporting’s from our ELD system relating to DOT compliance and safety.
- Adheres to safety, food safety, quality and Good Manufacturing Practices regulations.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Currently enrolled in an accredited institution with a focus in Supply Chain Management or related business field.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate or learn to operate electric jack.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess a current, valid driver’s license.
- Advanced knowledge in all Microsoft Suite Products
We are an equal opportunity employer.