Get an edge on advancing your career.
If you’re ready to meet complex challenges, we’re ready to meet you.
MCR is a fast-growing global company headquartered in McLean, VA that supports defense and civilian agencies, NATO, and European ministries that face some of the most complex mission challenges in the world. If you are the best at what you do, we are looking for you. At MCR, you will contribute to programs and projects that matter—to your career, to your fellow citizens, and to your nation. You will use the latest technologies, techniques, and tools. You will be trusted to work independently and make decisions. You’ll be rewarded with top-tier compensation and benefits.
Do you have previous Program Management experience? Are you looking to play a meaningful role in a creative environment? If so, we are searching for someone like you to join our team of experts supporting military and DoD operations.
As a Program Manager III, you shall provide program management support to the Mission Planning office at the Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, IL. This position provides analytic and acquisition support to AMC/A8/A5 for the procurement of mission planning hardware, software, and services. Services, except temporary duty assignments, will be performed at Scott AFB unless otherwise specified by contract. Your duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Individual must have knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques for gathering, analyzing, and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of mission planning software acquisition programs.
- Familiarity with AMC platform operations to include AMC Airlift (C-5), Tanker (KC-46, KC-135, KC-10), and Air Drop (C-17, C-130) platforms and the MPS-based Mobility Air Forces Automated Flight Planning Service (MAFPS) System. In addition, specialized missions associated with the HH-60 and HC/MC-130 platforms.
- Develops/reviews acquisition documentation, conducts market research, oversees HW/SW evaluations, reviews bid proposals, and coordinates hardware procurements.
- Support development/review of Requests for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and other procurement related documents utilized during the acquisition of Mission Planning Systems hardware, software services and support for AMC HQ.
- Support market research to stay abreast of the latest commercial technology for solutions to meet user requirements.
- Support review of bid proposals and make recommendations as appropriate to the government for contract award.
- Support initial testing of submissions to Hill AFB or Scott AFB for evaluation.
- Ensures items are delivered in accordance with awarded delivery order, ensures continued viability of procured hardware, tracks receipt of hardware items, and ensures technical orders are produced and delivered with all systems.
- Assess items delivered in accordance with awarded delivery order are consistent to contract specifications and support first-article and pre-shipment inspections to verify compliance.
- Review all technical order documentation produced to ensure it’s complete and delivered with each fielded system.
- Provide analysis and metrics data on hardware/software trends to support acquisition reporting for Air Staff and MAJCOM Planning Programming, Budgeting, and Execution activities.
- Provide analysis and metrics data on hardware trends to support acquisition reporting for Air Staff and MAJCOM Planning Programming, Budgeting, and Execution activities.
- Prepare position papers and briefings on request.
- Individual has the knowledge of support activities that assist the program manager in assessing what programs are within schedule and cost baselines, be able to recommend viable solutions to problems and the pursuit of alternative courses of action.
- Individual must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing, providing quality acquisition and program documentation (briefings, documents, plans, etc.).
- Individual shall be able to plan, research, analyze and assess system acquisition in terms of development, production and deployment of weapons systems and associated equipment; formulate plans and recommend effective strategies in meeting cost, schedule and performance objectives.
- Support program management reviews, senior level meeting/reviews and IMP/IMS reviews.
- The candidate will be able to support and develop various briefings/schedules of program status and acquisition tasks to senior management.
- BA/BS degree and 12 years of experience, 5 years of DoD support preferred; years of experience may compensate for lack of degree
- Experience on DoD or Air Force acquisition programs desired
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an IPT environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active Secret clearance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MCR, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn why so many of your highly qualified colleagues are already working at MCR. Check our open positions for opportunities to give your career a distinct edge.
Learn more at MCRI.com/Careers