Mechanical Foreman – Laurel
Mechanical - Laurel, Montana
WHO WE ARE
Our passion lies in helping move businesses and industries forward through safe and efficient rail transportation services. We find it rewarding to know that the goods and services that move across our system have a direct impact on our local, regional, and global economies. We are proud of the work we do and of each team member that helps us continue moving forward.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Mechanical Foreman, based out of Laurel, will be responsible for supervising locomotive servicing and employees at our mechanical facility located in Laurel, Montana. Our Laurel facility consists of both Car Shop and Roundhouse facilities.
LOCATION: Laurel, MT
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Position requires experience as a Journeyman-level Machinist or Electrician and/or running a locomotive repair facility
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees and fellow supervisors both within the mechanical department and cross-departmentally
- Strong organizational skills with ability to meet stringent time schedules and deadlines
- Provide coverage for Mechanical Coordinators, responsible for overseeing Blue Signal, as needed
- Ability to learn operational safe practices.
- Available to perform weekend duties as necessary
- Ability to travel and work various shifts
- Perform monthly operational testing of employees in accordance with FRA and MRL standards
- Must be safety conscious and capable of cultivating and supervising work practices that will contribute to the achievement of company safety goals
- Journeyman card or equivalent (currently possess or have held in the past)
- Must demonstrate ability to relate well with supervisors, peers and subordinates
- Knowledge of locomotive repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of car shop and train yard operations; understands car repair processes and possesses the ability to edit original repairs of freight cars
- Knowledge of AAR interchange rules and possesses an understanding of FRA rules pertaining to cars and locomotives
- Experienced in handling yard and main line derailments and the ability to estimate damage at derailment sites. Responsible for preparing derailment reports, including estimates for car and locomotive repairs
- Knowledge of locomotive service track operations
- Electrical knowledge
- Knowledge of Blue Signal rules and regulations beneficial
- Self-starter willing to devote necessary time and effort to ensure safety and productivity goals and all regulations are met or exceeded.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health insurance package
- 401k with up to 4% company match
- Participation in Railroad Retirement
- Profit Sharing
- College scholarships for children and spouses
MRL CORE VALUES
At the heart of everything we do lies our core values of safety, trust, accountability, respect, and teamwork. Each and every one of our employees comes to work every day with these values in mind. We strive to hire the best of the best and to place people in opportunities that allow them to be successful.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED.