Track Department Maintenance – Varied Locations
Engineering – Varied Locations
WHO WE ARE
Our passion lies in helping move businesses and industries forward through safe and efficient rail transportation services. We find it rewarding to know that the goods and services that move across our system have a direct impact on our local, regional, and global economies. We are proud of the work we do and of each team member that helps us continue moving forward.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The principal duties of our Track Maintenance positions include the safe and efficient completion of maintenance and construction projects across the MRL system. Track Maintenance positions include: track laborers and foremen, various welding roles, heavy equipment and machine operation, and carpenters.
PAY RATE: $23.28 at hire
$25.87 after probation
Eligible for up to $30.82 if CDL license is current
LOCATION: Varied Locations Across the MRL System (Billings, MT to Clark Fork, ID)
Start date for this position will be March 6, 2023.
Work locations are varied, and applicants must be willing to accept assignments at any MRL location . Job placement is assigned according to seniority. Successful candidates will be monitored for adherence to safety rules and railroad regulations. These positions are subject to random drug testing per the Federal Railroad Administration drug testing regulations.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Safe and effective operation of equipment used in the daily functions of this position
- Commitment to working safely with the ability and desire to observe and promote safe work habits
- Flexibility for travel across Montana and the ability to work outdoors in all conditions
- Must be safety conscious and capable of cultivating work practices that will contribute to the achievement of company safety goals
- Valid driver’s license
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate and relate well with supervisors, peers and subordinates
- Welding, construction backgrounds, mechanical aptitudes/understanding
- Team player with positive attitude
- Self-starter willing to devote necessary time and effort to ensure safety and productivity goals and all regulations are met or exceeded
Successful applicants will be placed in a training class in either Laurel or Missoula, MT on March 6th. Lodging will be provided for the duration of the training class for those living dependent on location. Upon successful completion of the classroom training, including exams, trainees will continue with on-the-job training with locations determined by company need.
Commercial Driver’s license holders are encouraged to apply. MRL will reimburse costs associated with obtaining or renewing a CDL.
This position typically works from March through November of each year. During the furlough period each season, employees are eligible to maintain both their health insurance and railroad retirement benefits.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
· Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
· Comprehensive health insurance package
· 401k with up to 4% company match
· Participation in Railroad Retirement
· Profit Sharing
· College scholarships for children and spouses
MRL CORE VALUES
At the heart of everything we do lies our core values of fairness, integrity, respect, safety and trust. Each and everyone of our employees comes to work everyday with these values in mind. We strive to hire the best of the best and to place people in opportunities that allow them to be successful.
APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED UNTIL January 23rd, 2023.