Transportation – Helena, MT
WHO WE ARE
Our passion lies in helping move businesses and industries forward through safe and efficient rail transportation services. We find it rewarding to know the goods and services that move across our system have a direct impact on our local, regional, and global economies. We are proud of the work we do and of each team member that helps us continue moving forward.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are currently recruiting for the position of Trainmaster/Roadforeman. This position will be located from Elliston to Logan, MT area and will be responsible for managing terminal operations, directing crews engaged in the operation of over-the-road trains and switch crews. Work hours may vary in length and schedule may include a non-standard work week and may be required to fill-in at other locations if needed.
LOCATION: Helena, MT
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Understands basic behavior-based safety programs and applies knowledge to ensure understanding and gain cooperation to enhance MRL safety culture
· Ability to both lead and hold teams accountable to company safety expectations and standards. Promotes a culture of safety through clear and constant communication.
· Mitigates risks through consistent and accurate operations testing. Utilizes feedback and coaching opportunities after testing to elicit change and understand underlying issues.
· Applicant must exemplify MRL core values of Safety, Trust, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork
· Familiar with and able to provide direct oversight of Best Way initiatives as they pertain to managing the Livingston terminal and all locations within the territory
· Ability to interact effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals
· Monitors and evaluates safety and rules compliance by conducting locomotive engineer check rides and completing the required evaluation form
· Administers disciplinary action to employees who fail to comply with rules
· Responds to injuries, accidents, and derailments
· Analyzes operations problems and make recommendations for solutions
· Resolves employee and customer concerns by taking appropriate/timely action
· Coordinates clean-up operations with other departments at derailment sites
· Must have thorough knowledge of the GCOR and applicable labor agreements
· Ability to interpret labor agreements and rules
· Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to make group presentations
· Proficient computer skills to include thorough knowledge of TSS express
· Ability to meet a higher demand of hours during winter operations
· Three years’ experience as a Certified Locomotive Engineer preferred.
· First line supervisor experience beneficial
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
· Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
· Comprehensive health insurance package
· 401k with up to 4% company match
· Participation in Railroad Retirement
· Profit Sharing
· College scholarships for children and spouses
MRL CORE VALUES
At the heart of everything we do lies our core values of safety, trust, accountability, respect, teamwork. Each one of our employees comes to work every day with these values in mind. We strive to hire the best of the best and to place people in opportunities that allow them to be successful.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.