WHO WE ARE
Our passion lies in helping move businesses and industries forward through safe and efficient rail transportation services. We find it rewarding to know the goods and services that move across our system have a direct impact on our local, regional, and global economies. We are proud of the work we do and of each team member that helps us continue moving forward.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are currently recruiting for the position of Assistant Roadmaster, to be headquartered in the Livingston/Three Forks territory. This position is responsible for inspecting track and supervising crews from Spurling to East Livingston.
LOCATION: Livingston/Three Forks
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Directing and coordinating activities of workers engaged in track maintenance. This will include visits to work sites to observe productivity of work crews and inspection of completed work to verify compliance with regulations.
- Inspection of railroad track structure to ensure safe condition of tracks, roadway and right-of-way as directed
- Monitor and observe Engineering Department personnel to ensure safe work practices and rules compliance.
- Must be safety conscious and capable of cultivating and supervising work practices that will contribute to the achievement of company safety goals
- High school diploma or GED
- Must demonstrate ability to relate well with supervisors, peers and subordinates
- Knowledgeable of FRA and MRL Safety Rules and Maintenance of Way Rules
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work efficiently with dispatchers to coordinate scheduling of track maintenance activities within designated areas
- Qualified to inspect track under FRA rules and knowledgeable of FRA Track & Safety Standards
- Willing to travel and/or relocate
- Self-starter willing to devote necessary time and effort to ensure safety and productivity goals and all regulations are met or exceeded
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health insurance package
- 401k with up to 4% company match
- Participation in Railroad Retirement
- Profit Sharing
- College scholarships for children and spouses
MRL CORE VALUES
At the heart of everything we do lies our core values of safety, trust, accountability, respect, teamwork. Each one of our employees comes to work every day with these values in mind. We strive to hire the best of the best and to place people in opportunities that allow them to be successful.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.