Mechanical – Laurel, MT
WHO WE ARE
Our passion lies in helping move businesses and industries forward through safe and efficient rail transportation services. We find it rewarding to know the goods and services that move across our system have a direct impact on our local, regional, and global economies. We are proud of the work we do and of each team member that helps us continue moving forward.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are currently recruiting for the position of Hostler Laborer. This position will be headquartered in Laurel, Montana and will be responsible for performing general laborer responsibilities throughout the facility along with materials and warehouse duties.
LOCATION: Laurel, MT
PAY RATE: $28.47 (after probationary period)
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· General laborer responsibilities throughout facility
· Perform material laborer duties
· Hostlers operate locomotives within the mechanical facility to couple, uncouple, or switch to build requested consists
· Perform routine maintenance duties to include fueling, sanding, and cleaning interior and exterior of locomotives
· Ability to interact effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals
· Must be safety conscious and committed to safe work practices that will contribute to the achievement of company safety goals
· Must be able to successfully pass the written Hostler examination
· Applicant must exemplify MRL core values of safety, trust, accountability, respect, teamwork
· Aptitude and interest in learning locomotive servicing and repair
· Previous warehouse and material-handling experience beneficial
· Proficient communication skills necessary to maintain record of completed repairs
· Self-motivated, yet able to work with close supervision during training
· Team player with a positive attitude
· Valid Driver’s License
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
· Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
· Comprehensive health insurance package
· 401k with up to 4% company match
· Participation in Railroad Retirement
· Profit Sharing
· College scholarships for children and spouses
MRL CORE VALUES
At the heart of everything we do lies our core values of safety, trust, accountability, respect, teamwork. Each one of our employees comes to work every day with these values in mind. We strive to hire the best of the best and to place people in opportunities that allow them to be successful.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.