Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission.
We are looking for a Government & Community Relations Coordinator to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role will report to EVP, Government Affairs and Policy and will be based in San Jose, California.
This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting clean energy companies. This position will have responsibilities for promoting legislative and community efforts that are beneficial to our business and will collaborate with marketing on campaigns to earn the backing of government officials and the public. The Manager of Northern California Government & Community Relations is required to be current on existing and proposed legislation, meeting with city, county, special district and community leaders to advance policies, regulations and community initiatives that further champion a clean, resilient energy economy.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develops, manages, and administers community, public, and government relations strategic and tactical plans to support Bloom Energy’s CA footprint
- Enhances public opinion to enable Bloom Energy to be a more highly valued corporate citizen
- Forms strategic alliances with individuals and groups that are mutually beneficial
- Develops community and public relations partnerships with support of corporate communications and government affairs
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications on public relations programs and activities
- Act as a champion of Bloom Energy in a variety of different settings both public and private
- Work in concert with the Policy Team to address regulatory obstacles and improve the customer value proposition in CA
- Serve as an immediate point of contact for local government officials, business and community organizations, and local media
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Graduate of a 4-year institution of higher learning within the past 12 months
- Public, government and community relations experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Strong understanding of government, business, civic, and political stakeholders in Northern CA
- Understanding of the energy sector, including utility/regulatory issues preferred
- Ability to grasp complicated technical concepts and translate to a general audience in a compelling, succinct manner
- Ability to think, communicate and act both strategically and creatively
- trong self-starter who is a team player and can work independently
- Passion to be part of a team that aspires to change the way the electric energy is produced, distributed and consumed and for making energy sources cleaner and more resilient
- Drive for quick results with vision to see how long term strategies must unfold
- A strong desire to challenge and change the status quo
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.