Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager/Program Manager to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role will be based in San Jose HQ Office.
Additional note: Senior Program Manager role is to help ensure the successful delivery of its core products from definition, through design, development, new product introduction, manufacturing scale up, field service and installed base migration. It is a critical role with high exposure to Bloom’s executive staff and reporting to the Senior director of Program Management. The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for ensuring a cross-functional product team succeeds in meeting functional, financial, and business plan objectives.
- Provide overall program mgt leadership essential to ensure successful delivery of key product programs to achieve Bloom Energy’s business plan objectives.
- Work closely with highly technical product development, product management, and operations teams on product definition, roadmap, schedules, prioritizations, tradeoffs, etc.
- Guide team members through complete product lifecycle development; successfully hand-off a “manufacture ready” product to Operations and then a “sellable” product to Sales
- Accountable for establishing and meeting all schedule, budget, scope and KPIs.
- Accountable for program risks identification and developing mitigation strategies and actions.
- Accountable for establishing and meeting all cost, price, and profitability targets (P&L)
- Accountable for establishing and meeting product reliability, feature, and performance targets.
- Foster a collaborative work ethic within the program team and other related program teams
- Develop an innovative and effective environment that is constantly driving new product architecture, design and materials which lead to better cost, performance, reliability, and profitability of the product line.
- 10+ years technical product line/program management experience with large complex projects, experience in the energy sector a plus
- Experience with complete product lifecycle development, especially new product introduction (NPI); ideally in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience setting up a structured project/program management process
- Experience with aggressive cost reduction programs
- Extremely strong presence, ability to lead and manage cross functional and matrixed teams
- Experience managing engineering professionals
- Experience managing a geographically distributed team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Leadership ability to influence and drive technology decisions
- Strong desire for success and significance
- Desired Qualifications:
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, or Electrical Engineering
- MBA a plus; strong financial analysis skills
- 10+ years in program management involving complex systems integration
- Bloom Energy values candidates who are team players and have the ability to incorporate strong interpersonal skills with effective leadership skills, inventive thought processes and proven abilities to manage processes.
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.