Seeking a Continuity of Operations Planning Engineer (COOP) Engineer to serve our Army Customer at the Pentagon. The COOP Engineer will work in a fast pace and dynamic environment and be responsible for supporting the CIO/G6 Army vision in COOP.
What you will do: The successful candidate will provide analytical and technical services to the Army CIO/G-6 enhancing their broader cybersecurity and risk management efforts. In this position, you will provide subject matter expertise in support the Army’s Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) mission. As a member of the AONS team you will have the opportunity to collaborate with DOD and other organizations to evaluate new cybersecurity technologies and applications for use and develop strategies, policies and procedures for the Army community to continue its mission in an emergency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and/or provide recommendations in the development of COOP policies, directives, IT Designs, COOP compliance and coordination. Ensures that Army policies governing IT aspects of emergency management programs are in compliance with regulatory requirements and legislation mandates.
• Assists in the development of goals, objectives, long-and short-range plans, procedures and operations for implementing, maintaining, monitoring, and evaluating the effectiveness of the Army emergency communications architecture
• Participate and support COOP IT domain governance boards and able to support multiple working groups such as the MC4EB
• Collaborate with DOD stakeholders and provide senior level briefings to Army and DOD leadership on the Army’s COOP IT efforts and initiative.
• Provide COOP subject matter expertise in the development of the Army CIO/G-6 COOP Operations Plan (OPLAN), Mission Essential Functions and COOP IT initiatives, IT Exercise Implementation and Network management.
• Coordinates the mobilization of necessary equipment, communications capabilities, and personnel to enable COOP communication capabilities during emergency and COOP events
• Providing action officer support in the management of Army and Joint taskers. Must be knowledgeable on the Army staffing process and able to maintain and operate the Army Task Management Tracker (TMT) system and other DOD Tasker tools.
• Develops briefing slides, meeting notes, Executive Summaries, White Papers, SOPs, detailed instructions, after-action reports, lessons learned critiques, and operational summaries as required
• Gathers and fuses data on major IT project deliverables, network traffic/performance, Virtual Private Network (VPN) availability, privacy incidents, reportable events, and information obtained through numerous sources in order to assess the impact to department and organization operations and facilities and develop recommendations for senior leadership. Monitors department events in support of COOP/COG, Emergency Relocation Group (ERG) activations; and inter/intra-agency exercises; evaluates the performance, identifies potential problems or deficiencies, and makes recommendations for resolution or improvement. Evaluates and analyzes the current state of available resources and make recommendation to the acquisition of required capabilities to meet immediate requirements for emergency service.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge of National, DOD and Army COOP policies and procedures
• 5-7 years of COOP experience and knowledge developing or implementing National, DOD and Army Cybersecurity strategies, policies, and procedures
• Possess an active TS/SCI Clearance
• BA/BS degree in Cybersecurity or related field plus 5 years’ minimum relevant work experience, or MA/MS degree with minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
• Possesses at a minimum a DOD 8570 IAM/IAT Level II certification - minimum Security+, prefer CISSP, CISM, ect.
• Detail oriented
• Flexible – The environment is highly dynamic. You will be expected to adapt to a dynamic environment with constant changing priorities based on National and DOD cybersecurity priorities while ensuring a high level of operational effectiveness and professionalism
• Team Player – This role is part of a much larger team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Effective and efficient time management skills
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Relevant Army or other DOD Action Officer Experience
• Army or DOD Task Management Tracking System experience (TMT)
• BA/BS degree in Cybersecurity or related field
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance