The Awards Program Analyst provides operations support for the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) enterprise awards program office in a professional, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment. Primary function will be to analyze, edit, assemble, and route awards packages for approval and processing, and ship final products to remote commands as necessary. Awards include honorary, external, beneficial suggestions, and NAVSEA Command Excellence awards. NAVSEA hosts annual awards ceremonies attended by nominees, guests, and VIPs, and the ideal candidate will provide support in coordinating and reporting tasks in execution of these events. This position works independently, with limited oversight, and is responsible for assessing, proof-reading, editing, and formatting documentation to include awards packages, briefing materials, reports, and plans. This position is a high-visibility, customer-facing position, and will frequently engage with NAVSEA and SEA 10 leadership.
This position is telework eligible as follows: 1 day teleworking per week for the first 6 months, with the possibility to increase to 2 days teleworking per week after 6 months.
• Review awards package submissions and determine if packages meet established criteria, or must be returned for revision in accordance with standards established by NAVSEA Policy.
• Edit awards packages for format and content, and provide frequent feedback to submitters.
• Maintain the strategic awards planning calendar and other web portals; research recurring annual award opportunities and provide regular updates to the GTM.
• Support Command Awards Events: assist in agenda preparation; gather material for presentations; provide logistical support; and consolidate, analyze, and summarize feedback, critiques, and other outcomes.
• Independently plan, draft, edit, and prepare a variety of documents, such as award justifications and citations, presentation certificates and binders, briefing materials, reports, Plans of Action & Milestones, and minutes.
• Track and maintain award supplies inventory.
• Provide cross-functional support as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to provide executive level products in accordance with prescribed deadlines.
• Must have excellent attention to detail and exhibit executive level behaviors, confidentiality, and professionalism.
• Ability to work independently to analyze information, solve problems, and make decisions.
• Solutions oriented self-starter with ability to think proactively and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work load, and adhere to strict deadlines.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience working in a DoD environment, and ability to quickly learn DoD formal correspondence practices.
• Must possess a verifiable DoD Secret clearance.