Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as Manager, Default Call Center.
The Manager, Default is responsible for leading a team in Default Operations which may include Call Center, Loss Mitigation, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, REO, Claims or Default Administration functions. The Manager identifies productivity and efficiency opportunities, as well as portfolio trends where additional focus is needed and ensures appropriate management controls are in place for all departmental tasks and functions. This position is responsible for executing daily strategies in a fast-paced environment, under short deadlines, while maintaining a positive an productive work environment.
- Partners with the other Default managers to ensure all daily strategies are executed for the Default Operations
- Responds to and resolves escalated client issues
- Monitors and manages team to ensure adherence to internal service levels related to the operations and processing time frames
- Works with staff to develop and monitor individual and departmental goals, providing effective feedback and guidance on a regular basis
- Develops and monitors staff planning forecasts with recruiting
- Reviews key performance indicators for team and reviews pipeline management reports with senior management on a weekly basis
- Reviews and updates department procedures in a timely manner to reflect all regulatory and compliance updates
- Evaluates business processes and makes necessary changes to daily procedures
- Responds to internal and external audit findings by preparing formal responses and ensuring remediation of noted issues
- Responsible for budget oversight of the department and manages department expenses ensuring that all controllable expenses are maintained within budget each month and all variances are understood and explained
- Manages staff and work being completed in multiple locations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 10+ years of experience leading teams in mortgage default servicing operations including Collections, Loss Mitigation, Single Point of Contact, Document Processing, etc.
- Strong knowledge of current practices, procedures, and regulations/laws related to default administration for GSE, HUD and other government agency mortgage loans
- Expert knowledge of OCC, CFPB, FDCPA, RESPA and state law servicing guidelines
- Ability to learn and understand the complexity of sub-servicing, while continuously assessing efficiencies of default administration in order to improve service levels and profitability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, while multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively to meet strict deadlines
- Working knowledge of the Black Knight MSP servicing system
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and ability to learn industry related systems
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.