Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as Supervisor, Claims.
The Supervisor, Claims is responsible for monitoring and directing the work flow in the Claims Department. This position supervises the employees, updates written procedures, analyzes loans for financial recovery, and assists staff with complex cases, plans for sub-servicing transfers, reviews departmental performance and plans regular departmental meetings.
- Monitors Financial Recovery Risk analysts work production to ensure timely and accurate completion of financial reconciliation and close out
- Monitors Investor/Insurer timeline requirements for additional recovery review
- Develops, manages, and trains a high performing team
- Reviews department performance; plan regular department meetings
- Adheres to FHA, VA, PMI, investor, insurer and master servicer guidelines, rules and regulations, as well as local/federal laws
- Manages conveyances and claims; analyze loans for final reconciliation; oversee filing of supplemental claims
- Manages and monitors performance of vendors; makes recommendations for change as needed; monitors and reviews vendor payments timely
- Identifies opportunities for cost and risk reduction, efficiency gains, and enhanced levels of service
- Performs ongoing monitoring of key indicators to detect and research unexplained variances which may be indicative of quality control issues
- Interprets regulatory requirements and investor guidelines to identify opportunities, and manage a tracking and reporting mechanism to periodically communicate results
- Develops best practices to resolve deficiencies and meet regulatory compliance
- Remains cognizant of policy and regulatory changes to maintain subject matter expertise
- Where quality control deficiencies arise, helps assess root causes, corrective actions needed, accountable parties, and corrective action timelines by working directly with senior leadership and business control management
- Creates reporting strategies to support management; tracks department activity for government portfolio and provides daily/monthly reporting to management and clients
- Works with Risk Management department in providing all required data for analysis
- Develops and maintain quality procedures and measures for the government portfolio to ensure appropriate documentation is in place
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, investigation practices, or related field required
- 5 or more years related mortgage banking experience, quality assurance/control, auditing or other relevant experience
- 3 + years knowledge of Investor/Insurer default servicing guidelines preferred
- Knowledge of sound risk management practices for mortgage servicing functions and demonstrated understanding of risk management and internal control principles
- Experience reviewing processes, reports, or documents with a strong attention to detail
- Experience interpreting rules and guidelines for appropriate decision-making
- Experience with issue resolution and group facilitation
- Functional understanding of loan servicing, including government-sponsored entity servicing requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work under timelines without direct supervision
- Ability to work effectively without close supervision and be a self-starter
- A focus on delivery with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills for all levels, including senior management
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.