Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as an Escrow Specialist I.
The Escrow Specialists monitor all work performed through tasks, comment codes, or status reports and ensure tasks are completed within expected time frames. This role maintains department assigned productivity and accuracy percentages and identifies trending issues and providing suggested process improvements and changes. The Specialists determine root-cause of, and escalate, reoccurring data quality issues with clients and/or internal departments and take initiative to outline/present recommendations. This role is responsible for responding to incoming email inquiries from internal and external sources in a high volume environment.
- Monitors all work performed through tasks, comment codes, or status reports; ensures tasks are completed within expected time frames
- Maintains department assigned productivity and accuracy percentages
- Identifies trending issues and providing suggested process improvements and changes
- Determines root-cause of, and escalate, reoccurring data quality issues with clients and/or internal departments; takes initiative to outline/present recommendations; implements changes and processes improvements
- Responds to incoming email inquiries from internal and external sources in a high volume environment
- Other duties as assigned
The following duties and responsibilities vary by discipline (Escrow, Insurance, Mortgage Insurance, Tax):
- Acts as a single point of contact for each assigned MI Carrier and manage the respective portfolio of PMI loans
- Maintains a well-developed working knowledge of the various PMI premium types including borrower-paid, lender paid, investor, state and pool policies
- Ensures all PMI refunds are returned timely to borrowers within the stated requirements established by the Homeowners Protection Act to ensure compliant
- Reconciles all PMI billing exceptions by conducting research to make necessary updates to ensure PMI policies do not terminate and accurate premium disbursements occur timely
- Identifies PMI loans with illogical premium amounts and review the PMI Certificate or other applicable documents to determine if adjustments need to be made to ensure borrowers are accurately billed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1 to 2 years mortgage servicing experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS office including SharePoint, Excel, Word
- Proficiency with mortgage servicing system (MSP/Black Knight)
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field
- Excellent critical thinking and logical reasoning abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Escrow - Hazard Insurance
- It is critical that you have an understanding of the following:
- Requirements under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) specifically:
- timely escrow disbursements required,
- basis for charging a borrower for force-placed insurance,
- requirements before charging a borrower for force-placed insurance,
- requirements for the reminder notice,
- contents of letter notice,
- cancellation of force-placed insurance, and
- timely payments of hazard insurance
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.