Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as Supervisor, Payoff Services.
This position will be an onsite role with a shift of; 11am to 7pm, Mon-Fri.
The Supervisor, Payoff Services is responsible for managing the daily activities of the Payoff Department and the performance of the staff’s assigned tasks and deliverables. The Supervisor is ultimately accountable for ensuring all Payoffs and Payoff Statement requests are completed on a daily basis within the agreed upon SLA’s.
- Exercises initiative and judgment in the performance of assigned tasks and those tasks assigned to this department
- Assigns essential functions to department personnel and follow-up to assure successful completion
- Analyzes department work flows and procedures to ensure efficiency and accuracy of work completed
- Handles special assignments, escalated research issues and client specific processes
- Manages department performance through motivation, monitoring, and coaching
- Prepares employee performance reviews in accordance with company policy, discusses performance and resolves personnel issues regarding absenteeism, lateness, inadequate performance, attitude, etc, utilizing Cenlar’s Performance Management System
- Sets goals for staff and ensuring completion of the goals
- Conducts regular staff meetings
- Meets one on one with staff on a monthly basis; provides regular feedback on performance
- Assists in developing skills of team members and identifies training opportunities
- Interacts with Title Companies, Attorneys, Clients and/or Mortgagors to oversee the successful resolution of short payoffs
- Resolves high dollar returns on paid in full loans by collecting replacement funds by wire
- Coordinates with internal departments at Cenlar when requests for payoff reversals and resetting the loan on the system are received
- Handles escalated payoff issues on behalf of clients through Client Management
- Responds to Presidential Complaints
- Reviews loan level prior to escrow disbursement for accuracy and to assure no misapplication of funds has occurred
- Signs off on corporate advance worksheets and follow-up with recoverable monies
- Assists with responses to all audits, internal, external, GSE and client when applicable
- Maintains Prepayment penalty headers and assure collection of funds for the clients; provide clients with adequate reporting on prepayment penalties that may have been waived as per client agreements
- Works with the manager on employee coaching and counseling sessions
- Participates in conference calls with clients
- Participates in recruiting and interviewing candidates for open positions
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required
- 3-5 years of experience in Mortgage banking with emphasis in Cash Management or Payoff area
- Excellent leadership skills demonstrated through ownership of issues seen through to resolution, providing sound guidance to others, and positively influencing organizational culture
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Black Knight MSP preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.