Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Compliance Subject Matter Expert.
The Compliance Analysts and Subject Matter Experts are responsible for execution of the assigned Compliance Testing and/or consumer compliance related matters. This position has assigned responsibilities for completing the Compliance Testing in accordance with the Compliance Testing Procedures and Schedule. In addition, this position monitors the first line of defense testing results focusing on findings, trends, and the effectiveness of root cause analysis and remediation plans implemented in the first line.
- Research requirements applicable to business operations. Identify, document and measure risks that align to the functional aspects of the business.
- Perform risk assessments in accordance with established criteria and procedures. Measure and apply inherent risk and control effectiveness ratings to evaluate the compliance residual risk ratings. Ability and willingness to read and interpret legal/regulatory literature to carry out the tasks assigned.
- Answer day to day consumer compliance related requests and questions.
- Respond to client specific compliance requests.
- Work closely with the business unit risk managers to review and oversee escalated regulatory (federal and state) issues, ensuring that root cause analysis is accurately performed, a remediation plan is approved with a defined date for implementation, is implement, tested and validated and a determination of whether additional action is required to be taken (i.e. lookback, etc. working in connection with Legal) is made.
- Manage regulatory change management within the effective date timeframes (federal and state law) and oversees the Regulatory Change Management Committee (federal and state law). Works with the business unit risk managers to assess impact, assign ownership, approve amended policies, procedures, job aides, training, risk control self-assessments, and QA testing plans. Review results of QA testing to ensure change was implemented effectively.
- Participate in PMO projects that may impact consumer compliance.
- Review and approve changes in consumer compliance related policies and procedures.
- Review and approve changes in consumer compliance job specific training.
- Review and approves responses to compliance findings from client/ Cenlar regulatory exams or audits.
- Review enforcement actions, regulatory bulletins, and supervisory announcements to identify emerging regulatory risks, and advises other internal stakeholders and industry SME’s regarding such risks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in mortgage banking compliance or mortgage lending/servicing compliance
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) Certification is recommended
- Strong understanding of regulatory processes, operations and activities, and requirements of a mortgage servicing company
- The successful candidate for this position must be able to build effective relationships with a proven ability to build trust and credibility through strong interpersonal skills, communications, actions, and presence
- Knowledge of compliance risk management concepts, data, frameworks, systems, methods, and good governance practice
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent leadership skills demonstrated through ownership of issues seen through to resolution, providing sound guidance to others, and positively influencing organizational culture
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate clearly
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.