Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a QA Test Architect.
The QA Test Architect is a senior testing professional whose primary function is to design solutions to testing problems for various business and technology application platforms. These solutions are solved through the application of contextually relevant process and practice, the use of tools and technology, and by applying soft skills such as effective communication and mentoring of both team and IT/Business partners. The incumbent is responsible for understanding architectural and functional design of the application platforms and implementing test strategies and associated testing standards, and for working with solution architects, vendors, developers, and QA staff to ensure that applications are tested in a manner that is aligned with Cenlar’s technology initiatives are executed within the existing or planned framework. This position implements test automation strategies and builds test harnesses suitable for the application using state-of-the-art test tools.
- Designs and delivers the overall testing methodology used by the team by utilizing broad knowledge and awareness of testing approaches, practices, and techniques
- Monitors the effectiveness of the testing function and brings about improvements through insights gained via analysis at all stages of the SDLC/STLC
- Identifies what tools and technologies can be implemented, aligning with that already used across the broader development function and in-line with the skill-set of the team
- Designs and develops the test automation framework, harnesses, and code libraries to enable the team to both use and enhance them across successive projects
- Responsible for test infrastructure including environments and software, liaising with teams such as DevOps
- Day-to-day focus is on resolution of complex problems related to design of test strategies for various critical projects where expertise is required to interpret against architecture, design, guidelines or processes
- Has full ownership for one or more products or projects at a given time representing a unit or team on cross-function QA team
- Provides technical guidance and consulting from strategy to planning to issue resolution to QA Staff working on various projects
- Reviews technical events, issues, and problems as contributions to ‘continuous improvement’ revisions to the technical testing strategy
- Explains existing system capabilities to key QA testers and business users and leverages existing automation capabilities into testing solutions
- Acts as a subject matter expert with respect to the business practices and procedures for the business teams supported
- Designs and creates test conditions and automation scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Uses existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for validation
- Develops the automation strategy/effort and generates scripts to perform automated testing using Selenium, or similar tools
- Develops scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets, and other programmatic test tools as required for test automation
- Executes and analyzes automation test results
- Performs manual testing as and if needed
- Participates in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- May supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent required; MBA or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience required
- Typically requires an individual emerging as an expert in QA processes, tools and technologies
- Knowledge of Banking and Mortgage platform is a plus
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Development platform, MS-SQL
- Strong understanding of Databases, Data Analytics, and cloud based tools
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Cloud Migration from testing and support perspective
- Deep understanding and experience with APIs End-to-End Testing and Architecture
- Understanding of basics of Information Security terms and applications
- Relevant work experience in software and/or test automation development
- Experience with developing automation framework and automation tools including but not limited to Java, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Junit, Jenkins, Cucumber, Maven or similar tools
- Comprehensive experience with most or all of the following types of testing: functional, creative, responsive web design, mobile, automation, security, accessibility, performance, load and API testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative, and proactive
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple environments and architectures, diverse technologies and lab environments
- Ability to work closely with an agile team, developers, testers, and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.