Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as Manager, QA Testing.
The Manager, QA Testing supports IT Quality Assurance (QA) Department and VP, QA in managing project based and BAU QA and Testing deliverables in compliance with QA Controls and Processes. The Manager is responsible for successful completion of all testing tasks associated with implementation of IT and business applications including support and uptime of critical business systems. The incumbent has in-depth knowledge of QA processes and tools and has subject matter expertise in one or more of the company’s key data and/or systems architectures, including how these systems fit within the overall business.
- Works with VP, QA to establish and evolve formal quality assurance (QA) processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
- Supports all aspects of QA including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Works with VP to ensure team is meeting test automation goals and roadmap, resolving issues with test data, tools, and environment to facilitate velocity in automation
- Supports change management process to manage software releases, application patching, and changes to production configurations
- Manages multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages to avoid cost/time expenses
- Helps manage test environment(s) and test data requirements
- Develops a plan to support all non-functional testing requirements including load and performance, security vulnerability testing
- Leads and mentors QA team members, as required
- Develops and supports new testing methodologies, best practices, and tools to continuously improve test coverage through both manual and automated processes
- Ensures sufficient test and resource coverage; mains futuristic resource plan based on EPMO roadmap and other sources of work input
- Prepares and communicates quantitative and qualitative quality metrics, analysis, and risks to stakeholders
- Works constructively with cross functional teams to solve tough challenges efficiently in an always changing environment.
- Hands-on in developing of comprehensive test strategies based on application architecture and business functions
- Hands-on in developing and execution of test scripts, plans, and procedures (manual and automated)
- Implements frameworks and processes to facilitate test plan creation and execution for new enhancements and regression testing
- Promotes methodologies such as TDD and BDD to create repeatable re-usable processes
- Understands cross functional teams and works collaboratively with other leaders and managers in non-technical/business departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Technology with at least 3 years in a lead or managerial role
- 5+ years of experience in full-life cycle software development
- 10+ years of hands-on testing experience (mortgage/financial industry a plus)
- Relevant work experience in software and/or test automation development
- Comprehensive experience with most or all of the following types of testing: functional, creative, responsive web design, mobile, automation, security, accessibility, performance, load and API testing
- Extensive background supporting Quality Assurance programs in a mid to large size company
- Experience creating and presenting quality assurance dashboards and reports showing issue counts (pre and post release) by severity, browser, device, etc.
- Experience handling complex quality assurance and test environment problems/issues across multiple applications
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to establish/maintain consistent test methodology, resolves questions during testing process
- Ability to conduct quality reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents
- Experience with CI/CD technologies, such as JIRA, Confluence, Bit Bucket, and Jenkins
- Must be passionate with quality improvement, experienced, and highly committed to creating effective automation for regression and feature testing
- Ability to develop and drive a high-level test strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy
- Must be well versed with IT and QA Controls, Release and Change Management processes, able to support Incident Management and root cause analysis via functional and load testing
- Must be passionate about team success and embraces QA Shift Left practices, encouraging QA involvement early in SDLC
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Must willing to provide 24x7 hour support as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent decision making skills and ability to work independently
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.