Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as Manager, Claims.
The Manager, Claims is responsible for monitoring and directing the work flow in the Claims Department, minimizing potential client and/or Cenlar losses, serving as a liaison between clients and senior management. Some activities include but are not limited to developing reports, conducting research, attending client meetings and Ensures compliance with all Investor, Insurer, Cenlar, and Client guidelines and requirements. Ensures Cenlar goals are met regarding conveyances and claim filing and client/investor delay reporting.
- Monitors the activity of loans in Claims
- Manages and adheres to conveyance/claims as set forth by investor, insurer guidelines
- Monitors/Reviews payment to vendors in a timely manner
- Manages and monitors the performance of outside vendors, including making recommendations for replacing vendors who are not performing
- Adheres to all guidelines and regulations set forth by investors/insurers as well as local/federal laws
- Performs final loss analysis on loan once all claims funds are received
- Sets goals for staff- prepare and present performance reviews for staff
- Orders and prepares weekly/monthly reports
- Works in conjunction with attorneys, insurers, PMI companies, investors and master servicers to expedite the completion of the claim and minimize losses
- Complies with and have working knowledge of all insurer, PMI, investor and master servicer rules and regulations
- Oversees filing of supplemental claims (when applicable)
- Reviews of all cases on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 -5 years management experience
- 5+ years’ experience in mortgage default operations
- 3-5 years of property preservation, REO and claims experience for FHA, VA, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac loans, and asset loans
- Strong analytical, accounting and computer skills
- Strong knowledge of current practices, procedures, and regulations/laws related to default administration for GSE/HUD/VA, RD and Conventional mortgage loans
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and ability to learn industry related systems
- Working knowledge of Black Knight MSP servicing system
- Ability to accurately work in a fast paced environment within tight deadlines
- Excellent Coaching and Counseling Skills
- Excellent Verbal and Written Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills and ability to Multi Task
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.