Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as Compliance Manager, Fair Lending and Servicing.
Reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer, the Compliance Manager, Fair Lending and Servicing will be responsible for management, testing and analytics related to our Fair Lending/Servicing Compliance Program. (Note: This position does not have direct reports and is based in Yardley, PA, but we would consider our O’Fallon, MO or Tempe, AZ locations)
Fair and Responsible Lending & Servicing Compliance:
- Assists the Chief Compliance Officer in administering and monitoring all aspects of Cenlar’s Fair Lending/Servicing Compliance Program, including:
- Managing the Fair Lending/Servicing Policy;
- Reviewing and updating Fair Lending/Servicing compliance related procedures when changes are required and on an annual basis;
- Reviewing and updating comprehensive, enterprise, and job specific Fair Lending./Servicing Training;
- Monitoring and testing;
- Providing input to applicable statistical analysis;
- Reviewing Fair Lending/Servicing related complaints for proper resolution and emerging risks.
- Assists with managing Cenlar’s Fair Lending/Servicing risk and reporting to the Cenlar Management Team, Executive Management and the Board of Directors on the progress and status of Fair Lending/Servicing related objectives and initiatives
- Provides advisory services and subject matter expertise on areas pertaining to Fair Lending/Servicing compliance to business units
- Reviews and provides recommendations to Manager a severity rating for any identified Fair Lending/Servicing issues
- Participates in working groups, key business initiatives, and projects to ensure Fair Lending/Servicing risks are appropriately identified, escalated, and mitigated
- Provides second line oversight, guidance, and credible challenge to key business lines and areas throughout Cenlar in regards to Fair Lending/Servicing related items
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in mortgage banking compliance or mortgage lending/servicing compliance
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Fair Lending/Servicing laws and regulations, specifically, Fair and Responsible Lending & Servicing Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) and Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) and the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
- Must have strong testing and analytical skills (applied data, sampling, trend analysis etc.)
- Advanced experience in Excel is required, knowledge of Black Knight is a plus
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) Certification is recommended
- Strong leadership and management experience
- Strong understanding of regulatory processes, operations and activities, and requirements of a mortgage servicing company
- Ability to build effective relationships with a proven ability to build trust and credibility through strong interpersonal skills, communications, actions, and presence
- Knowledge of compliance risk management concepts, data, frameworks, systems, methods, and good governance practice
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Excellent leadership skills demonstrated through ownership of issues seen through to resolution, providing sound guidance to others, and positively influencing organizational culture
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.