Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation’s leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as an Instructional Designer.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for the development and revision of training content by using appropriate instructional design methods to support and drive enterprise-wide training and performance development efforts through blended learning and development solutions. The incumbent applies knowledge of current learning models and adult learning theory to determine the best instructional strategy to meet internal customer learning expectations.
- Researches and provides recommendations on appropriate design and authoring software/tools based on current market trends and related industry enhancements
- Establishes appropriate design practices, protocol, and templates to ensure a high quality learning experience for users
- Independently conducts research on subject matter and incorporates varied learning strategies and methodologies to appeal to diverse learning preferences
- Utilizes feedback on course effectiveness to improve course design and implementation practices
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions to ensure program is represented effectively to meet the needs of the learner as well as the trainer.
- Designs pre- and post-training assessments, exams, questionnaires, surveys, evaluations, and means to evaluate application mastery with course concepts and to measure the overall effectiveness of curriculum
- Demonstrates creativity in making suggestions and modifications to existing course design
- Translates feedback into actions that generate a high level of customer satisfaction
- Designs project management tasks
- Independently determines the content and scope of a project
- Outlines project plans for each assigned project, follows project plans, and meets deadlines
- Manages project plans and identifies potential project completion issues, escalating issues appropriately
- Organizes the production of curriculum materials
- Ensures all training material is housed on appropriate collaboration sites and is set to keep all versions
- Utilizes workflow for approvals for all training material
- Keeps informed of new learning technologies and adult learning principles and practices, as well as knowledge of call center industry educational techniques with a focus on related metrics such as customer satisfaction and first call resolution
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design or a related instructional field required
- 2 to 5 years of developing training programs/curriculum for adult learners in a fast-paced, results-driven environment required
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience and preparing lessons plans
- Demonstrated skills in project planning, project management, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Experience in conducting Subject Matter Expert interviews, assessment, and testing
- Must demonstrate the ability to convey highly technical materials and concepts at a level commensurate within the industry
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to effectively and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- High level of motivation: self-starter, ability to quickly organize materials, ability to prioritize and coordinate tasks, and meet deadlines with a high quality of work
- Excellent proofreading ability
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, but within a team environment
- Ability to remain focused and on task when simultaneously working on multiple projects
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to adapt to change quickly
- Must be able to independently handle projects from start to finish with limited supervision
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you’ll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.